Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Don't Carry Tomorrow's Load

"Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load
with today's strength - carrying two days at once.
It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time.


Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow,
it empties today of its strength."


~ Corrie ten Boom ~

My husband and I recently watched The Hiding Place once again!  It is a movie that I would encourage all to watch because it is an amazing story where the Lord's hand is evident throughout ... especially during Corrie and her sister Betsy's time in the concentration camp.


Blessings,





13 comments:

Sharon said...

I've read the book but never watched the film. I'm sure a box of tissues will be handy while watching it!

Susan B said...

Hi Dallas,
What a wonderful quote by Corrie ten Boom. It's one I need to print out and memorize. She was a lovely, godly lady. I would love to see 'The Hiding Place' again, it's been many years since I've seen it. Thank you for sharing this quote Dallas.

Finding Joy said...

I have read "The Hiding Place" many years ago but have just ordered the movie, so it is funny you are now talking about it!! I am looking forward to seeing it.

Monica said...

Beautiful words...

I will try and watch the movie.

Do collect your award - it is on the post that says - Award from Sandra on my blog.

Love,

Monica

Monica said...

Silly me... just read the sticker which says that yours is an award free, tag free blog.

I understand, Dallas.

Love always,

Monica

Anonymous said...

I need to investigate more on Ms. Ten Boom. Jasmine Baucham wrote something about her the other day as well. Thank you for sharing, Miss Dallas!

Anonymous said...

So, so true...we do need to focus on today with all of our strength! Sweet and simple blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

The Hiding Place is one of my very favorite movies! And I like the book even better. (o:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I have found great encouragement from many of Corrie ten Boom's words

Unknown said...

What a wonderful quote. She is truly an amazing woman.

~~Deby said...

I "LOVE" the Hiding Place...it is my all time favorite...and her quotes...just hit you right in the heart, don't they ? One year I bought my kids each their own copy. I think it should be watched at least once a year if not more often..

Abounding Treasures said...

Dear Ladies,

I see that Corrie ten Boom and her story has touched many hears and I agree that this book or movie should be read/seen by everyone and read or watched at least once every year ~ humans can be very forgetful :o(

Blessings to each of you and your families as you begin a new month!

Taryn said...

And I liked the movie better than the book.