Waft simple pleasantries,
Soft whisper 'tween the tall grass
And the passing breeze
Where crickets call to June bugs
And swaying willows sigh ---
Beguiling summer small talk
To charm the passers-by.
Round a rippling millpond
Rise murmurings of frogs
Who've gathered there to gossip
On old mossy logs.
And dabbling ducks go quacking
Amidst these duckweed sprays ---
Just idle summer small talk
To pass the time of day.
Chatty wrens and warblers
Commune in serenades,
Enchanting rustic rhythms
Eloquently phrased.
And to these summer places
I'm helplessly allured;
Enthralled by summer small talk,
I hang on every word.
~ Lon Myruski ~
Soft whisper 'tween the tall grass
And the passing breeze
Where crickets call to June bugs
And swaying willows sigh ---
Beguiling summer small talk
To charm the passers-by.
Round a rippling millpond
Rise murmurings of frogs
Who've gathered there to gossip
On old mossy logs.
And dabbling ducks go quacking
Amidst these duckweed sprays ---
Just idle summer small talk
To pass the time of day.
Chatty wrens and warblers
Commune in serenades,
Enchanting rustic rhythms
Eloquently phrased.
And to these summer places
I'm helplessly allured;
Enthralled by summer small talk,
I hang on every word.
~ Lon Myruski ~

6 comments:
This is really sweet! Thank you!
So lovely!
Farrah, Jodi and Steve ~
Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment :o)
I love this poem, & the picture you chose to go with it is perfect!
The artist is Frank Benson-he painted his daughters.
Susan,
I love this artist's work!
***
Taryn,
Thanks for reminding me of his name :o)
Post a Comment