I finally found the quote by Corrie ten Boom that has always impressed me ever since I saw the movie The Hiding Place:"Years later it was learned my release came through a clerical error, what some might call a mistake. Not long after I was set free, women my age were put to death.
Yes, I am Corrie Ten Boom, in my 80's now. Some questions remain but they are not to be feared. Our Heavenly Father holds all things in His hands, even our questions.
As for myself in the years since Ravensbruck, the Lord has sent me to some 60 countries and I have taught to anyone who would listen, no pit is so deep that God's love is not deeper still. With Jesus, even in our darkest moments, the best remains and the very best will be.
I promised my sister I would tell it, and I tell you."
I had no idea that Corrie was buried in Santa Ana California at Fairhaven Memorial Park but found a photo of her grave online.Jesus Is Victor is such a fitting epitaph for her.
12 comments:
THIS is one of my MOST favorite quotes..I never forgot it..the Hiding Place is my FAVORITE movie of all time.
We visited a prison camp, Dachau, when we lived overseas...oh it was so so sobering...
D.
What a precious woman! I love her story. Thank you for sharing this quote.
Love,
Beth
Dear Dallas, It is so good to read this account again. It still brings tears to my eyes and moves my heart. Thank you for posting it.
Deby,
Wow! What an experience that must have been for you and your family!
Ever since I saw *The Hiding Place*, I've never forgotten this quote.
***
Beth,
You're welcome!
Her story continually amazes me but it shouldn't because she was an ordinary woman with an EXTRAORDINARY God :o)
***
Mrs H,
As I mentioned, ever since I heard it in the movie, it has always spoken to me and inspired me to lean on the Lord ...
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Dallas,
What comforting words. I have learned so much from her life about trusting the Lord Jesus.
Have you ever read her book "In My Father's House"?
Thank you so much for these posts. You have blessed me!
Miriam
Corrie Ten Boom was such an awesome lady. Thank you for sharing about her.
What a testimony to the Lord Corrie ten Boom's life and words are and will ever be!!! ;) What a precious post, Mrs D.!! I never knew that on her tombstone were engraved the words... "Jesus Is Victor" how wonderful....amazing how such few words can state sooooo much!
What a sweet blessing it was to read this post today. Hope you are doing well.
Love & Blessings,
Miss Jen
Miriam,
No, I've never read *In My Father's House* and will have to request it at my library :o)
***
Susan,
You're welcome :o)
***
Miss Jen,
Her life is an amazing testimony! I had no idea she was buried in the US either and *Jesus Is Victor* is an amazing epitaph and speaks volumes :o)
I'm doing fine ... thanks for asking.
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
That has always been one of my very favorite quotes! (o:
Michele,
Mine too!
She is an inspiration for sure!
Cathy,
Amen!
Post a Comment