Thursday, September 2, 2010
Hot and Humid Days
Although I am very thankful that we don't dress with long sleeves and gowns in the summer anymore, I feel much like this woman looks!!
It's been so very HOT and HUMID in our neck of the woods ALL week that for most of the time, I'm perspiring profusely and uncomfortable and wiping my forehead :o(
The temps are between 30-35 degrees Celsius / 86-95 degrees F. every day and as far as the humidity goes, it's TOO HIGH for me!
I am thankful that we have air conditioning in the car but unfortunately I don't have it during the day :o(
It's almost midnight and it's still 26 deg C / almost 80 deg F so needless to say, my bedroom fan will be blowing lots of hot air around but it's better than no fan at all :o)
It's really too hot and uncomfortable to do anything but what is absolutely necessary around the house and needless to say, baking is not an option!
Blessings,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
Here too. It's been horrible. My brain goes on meltdown when I get so hot. I simply cannot think so nothing seems to get accomplished. Fall is in the air though and I am really excited.
Having lived in the tropics for 14 years I completely understand. I do not like humidity - I would always feel sticky and in need of a shower. I also found that my hair went fussy and never looked nice and the makeup slide of my face!!
It won't last forever:)
Oh I know what you mean! I'm getting sick of the heat myself. We do have air conditioning though as we live in the South. Take care of yourself!
Humidity is far more uncomfortable than the higher temperatures. We have been hot and humid most of our summer it seems...day and night! Now we are enjoying cooler temps in the morning and in the evening...although our daytime temps are still in the 80's. So enjoyable...maybe some will come your way! Whether or not it happens...there is one night here that is to be in the 40"s! Sounds so good to me! Sweet blessings!
It sounds like "feet-in-cool-water- with-the-Word-to-read" time...
Oh, I am sorry it is so warm for you. I just read a post from one of my friends in Alaska. She said they have the heater going. I can not imagine???? It is still very warm here also but thank the Lord we do have A/C. I don't really think that I could breathe with out it. I sure don't want to have to find out.lol I hope it gets cooler soon for you. Hope tomorrow is a cooler day. love you, connie
Hi Dallas,
I'm sorry it is so hot and humid there. We've been having hot weather here too. I am so looking forward to cooler weather! I hope your weather will cool down soon! Take care. :)
Oh my, Dallas! I'm so sorry! Those temps must be really hard to endure! I can't even imagine 80 degree nights. Sure hope you get some relief soon with cooler days, & expecially cooler nights!
Blessings, Susan
Oh, it has been so hot and humid here too!
We do have a/c in the house, so that is a life saver for us! Somehow we all end up out in the hot weather though!
I just returned home from South Carolina to my cool Michigan weather. It has been horrible for the Southern states this summer.Fall will be very welcomed by all.
Dear Ladies,
It sounds as though most of us are in the *same boat* while some of you are fortunate enough to have A/C!
Like many others, I am so looking forward to fall ...
Blessings!
It's been very HOT and HUMID this summer where I live too! I am so thankful and blessed to have a/c in the house though.
Your blog looks very pretty! (o:
Michele,
If a/c didn't bother my husband's allergies and sinus problems, that would be something worth investing in since our summers have become so much HOTTER and MORE HUMID these past few years :o)
Have a great weekend!
It feels tropical here for almost 6 months out of the year. Windows closed and A.C. on. The other 6 months are usually glorious, cool, open window weather. If we go to an area where the humidity is below 80%, our skin and hair get dry and we can feel it in our bones. We've lived here for 20 years, and it took me 15 of it to get friendly with humidity. But, ANY time I can go NORTH of here in the summer, I will!!
I don't know that I could ever become *friends* with humidity ~ it just seems unbearable while it's going on and I can hardly wait until it passes ...
We don't bother with A/C because of my husband's allergies and sinus troubles and because it's *usually* only for 2 months of the year ... but the length of time it's here seems to be increasing each year :o(
Have a great week!
Post a Comment