
This afternoon, I had the joy and privilege of sharing with a dying relative why I had peace in my soul while hovering at death's door almost 5 years ago.
I was able to share with him that the only reason I had peace about dying was that many years ago I had realized I was a lost, helpless sinner and that the Lord Jesus Christ had paid the penalty for my sins upon the cross of Calvary and I trusted in His finished work!
He thanked me for sharing my story with him and as his eyes closed, I told him that this was something that he could think about as he lay there and that I would be praying for him and his family.
I pray the Holy Spirit, in the still, quiet moments when he is awake, uses my faltering words to speak to his heart about his own soul ...
His time is very short now as the cancer has spread throughout his body and if the Lord ever brings this post across your heart or mind, prayer for him and his family would be gratefully appreciated.
Blessings to each of you and your dear families,

I was able to share with him that the only reason I had peace about dying was that many years ago I had realized I was a lost, helpless sinner and that the Lord Jesus Christ had paid the penalty for my sins upon the cross of Calvary and I trusted in His finished work!
He thanked me for sharing my story with him and as his eyes closed, I told him that this was something that he could think about as he lay there and that I would be praying for him and his family.
I pray the Holy Spirit, in the still, quiet moments when he is awake, uses my faltering words to speak to his heart about his own soul ...
His time is very short now as the cancer has spread throughout his body and if the Lord ever brings this post across your heart or mind, prayer for him and his family would be gratefully appreciated.
Blessings to each of you and your dear families,

9 comments:
Good for you for sharing the Good News with your relative. I pray he will ask Jesus to save him.
I will pray...
Oh Dallas...I can imagine how you felt at that moment...
We have a dear SAVED gentleman at our church who is taking one day at a time...he is terminal with Cancer also. He signaled me wed night at prayer meeting...I came over and he held my hand and said THANK YOU for praying for me. I told him a while back, how the LORD awakened me one morn at 5am to pray for his strength to come to church..and he was there that Sunday! I suppose he knew I had prayed for Wed. as well...
Praise God for those opportunities..and especially to a lost soul. I shall surely pray that your words touch the depths of his soul to saving Grace!
God bless your desires for others!
HOPE~
I will be praying for this dear one as well!
Michele,
I had been praying for such an opportunity for quite awhile and today, with other relatives present in another room all chatting, I was given that opening as I stood by his bedside ... alone.
***
Hope,
I was humbled and yet so grateful to finally have the opportunity to share with him ... other relatives were chatting in another room and as I stood there speaking quietly with him, the Lord opened the way and for that, I will be forever grateful.
How wonderful that the gentleman you spoke of knows the peace which passeth all understanding!
***
LDH,
I appreciate that so much ... the days and weeks that may come are going to be so difficult for his wife and family and my husband and I just pray that we can be used in some small way.
~*~
Blessings to each of you dear friends for your prayers and caring -- it means a lot to me!
Dallas
Bless your hearts. That was wonderful you could share God's love with him like that. Praying for him and his family ~
Mrs.Dallas~
How wonderful... Praise God
that you were able to share the good news! The Lord is amazing... He gives us the words!!
Love~ Miss Jen
It's so good that you took advantage of the opportunity to share the Gospel with this man! You may never know the results this side of heaven, but all we are called to do is be obedient...God does the rest.
Hope you're having a wonderful week!
Susan
I am so happy that I have found your blog! What a wonderful thing for you to do. I find comfort in knowing that when it's my time to leave here, I will be going back home to the Lord.
Cathy,
It was a privilege for us and we continue to pray for him and his family as well ...
***
Miss Jen,
Amen! That He certainly does, at the very moment we need them :o)
***
Susan,
What you've said is the very thing that gives me peace in this situation ... thanks for reaffirming what the Lord set on my mind and heart :o)
***
Cari -- I'm glad that you found my blog too ... you are very welcome!
Isn't it a joy to know that when we leave this scene of time, we will go to meet our Saviour face to face and be with Him forver!
And all because of what HE has done!
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Post a Comment