Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Living a Set Apart Life

It's been a very long while since I've posted an ABOUNDING HEARTS story . . .

On my daughter's recommendation, I am sharing about a couple that many of you may already know about ~ Eric and Leslie LUDY.

I must admit I hadn't ever heard of them and knew nothing of them or their amazing story that they have been asked to share over and over again all across the land and then began to put into books.

Their book SET APART FEMINITY made a huge impact on my daughter's life when she first read it, with her Bible by her side!!


She has now read most of Eric and Leslie Ludy's books and can't say enough good things about them. Using the Scriptures, this husband and wife, share their own life experience of having had God write their love story and from their website:

"This is a powerful, candid, conversational book in which I pass on a compelling vision for femininity that can forever alter your existence and take you far beyond the unfulfilling trends of modern culture ...

It’s a radical call to a counter-culture lifestyle in which every aspect of your femininity – from the way you relate with guys to the focus and direction of your life – is shaped by an intimate relationship with the King of kings. It’s the kind of heroic femininity that the world-changing women of history understood. And it’s well within your grasp, no matter where you’ve been."

Leslie Ludys' book AUTHENTIC BEAUTY was the 1st one she read, given to her by a friend of ours when she was in her early teen years . . . eventually leading her to want to read as many of their books as she could ---

Blessings,

5 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Wonderful...
I have picked up "Set Apart
Femininity" and was intrigued!
Thank you for the recommendation...
it's always good to hear good things
about it from others.... now I might
just have to read it!

With Much Love~ Miss Jen

Mrs. White said...

Thank you so much for this post. My youngest daughter has been asking for some books on this subject. There are so many, but few are worth even reading, so I appreciate this so much.
I will look into getting these books.

Blessings
Mrs. White

Abounding Treasures said...

Miss Jen,

My daughter has nothing but good things to say about this couple's books ... I haven't read any of them myself :o)

***

Mrs White,

Not sure how old your youngest daughter is, but it might be good to start with AUTHENTIC BEAUTY perhaps?

*WHO CALLS ME BEAUTIFUL?* by Regina Franklin is another one that my daughter read a couple of years ago and really loved!

~*~

Blessings to both of you,
Dallas

Mrs. White said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and all the lovely comments!!

My youngest is 14... I will look into the other book you suggested. Thank you!!

Blessings
Mrs. White

HOPE said...

Thank you for stopping by Dallas to view my French Country Kitchen!

I also have been crocheting my own white kitchen dish cloths..what fun! I can appreciate your time and talent for sure in making yours so pretty!

Thank you also for sharing this post..our young people need guidance in their relationships with this world.

God bless..
HOPE~