I was serenaded very early this morning by my husband's brother and one of his sons who had begun taking off the old shingles from our roof ~ after all, they have to work while the sun is shining, or in this case, while the rain or snow are NOT falling :)
While they were working outside, I was baking inside ~ a batch of crispy ginger cookies looking exactly as pictured above as well as a batch of bon bons which are an almondy, rich tasting melt in your mouth cookie that are a snap to make and take very little time to bake.
I took out some samples for them to munch on while they were working and my BIL told me that we were probably due for a new roof a couple of years ago as the old shingles were not coming off in sheets but in CRUMBS!!
This time around, my husband has chosen to have steel roofing put on ~ the colour is guaranteed to last for a minimum of 30 years and the roofing material itself will last far longer than shingles, there was such a vast array of colours and it cost less than shingles :)
They had the perfect day to work as the sun actually shone for a couple of hours and it wasn't too cold ~ the back was completed today so they'll return tomorrow to complete the front of the house.
I'll keep a couple of today's banana-cranberry-walnut muffins to add to their plate of cookies ~ all that cold air and hard works makes guys very hungry!!
Trust everyone is doing well :)

4 comments:
Welcome back, Dallas! Your bon bons & cookies sound wonderful!
So nice of you to share with the guys putting on your new roof!
I'm hoping to get started on some Christmas baking tomorrow.
Have a week of blessings!
Susan
That was really nice of you to make those for them.
I want to wish you and your husband a very Merry Christmas. :o)
I'm glad you can be inside baking, while men take care of roofing!
Susan, Michele and Mrs Mobunny ~
Thanks for taking the time to say hello -- I've been so busy and miss visiting everyone in blog-land!
We enjoyed a quiet Christmas Day with our middle *child* and spent Boxing Day with most of my DH's family.
May each of you experience the Lord's richest blessings throughout the New Year!!
Post a Comment