Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Very Hot July Day!

I'm almost melting in this heat ~ with the humidity, it was up to 90 degrees F earlier or 31 degrees Celsius and my body doesn't handle that intense heat and mugginess well at all :(

We have no AC, so I'm very thankful that we have several fans!

My elderly mom arrived 2 weeks ago for an extended visit with us -- she doesn't get around very well anymore but we are enjoying our time together doing simple things and reminiscing a lot.

My Etsy shop has kept me quite busy, especially now that I have several of my creations on consignment at 4 different retail stores with a 5th coming on board later this month.

In addition to my own shop, I also sell my Memorial Hearts of Butterflies via a lady who has an online store where she supplies special remembrances to parents who have suffered the loss of a child through stillbirth, miscarriage or for any reason.

I have signed up to do my 1st Art & Craft Show toward the latter part of August and that should be special as my Mom plans on sitting with me at my table so I can disappear for a few minutes at a time or to get a drink or snack for us.  It'll also be a great way to meet people and to receive feedback from any customers that I'm fortunate enough to have!

My youngest, our daughter, is getting married this fall, so we are preparing for that very special occasion as well.

I won't be blogging much over the next few weeks but I will visit a few blogs from time to time to keep in touch and to see and hear how everyone is doing!!

Blessings,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have lots of *exciting* things going on in your life right now! I'm so happy for you, Dallas. (o:

It's been HOT here too. We are so blessed to have A/C though because like you, my body does NOT do well with heat and humidity.

Blessings my friend!
~Michele

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks Michele! It's good to *hear* from you :)

It's perfect today!! Sunny, warm and breezy and it's the latter that really makes the day enjoyable :)

Glad you have A/C so you and your pets can be comfortable!!

Mo said...

It's always nice when others appreciate our crafty things. Glad it is going that direction for you. Our AC was broken July 4th through the night. I would have melted had it not been for fans.

Finding Joy said...

While you are melting we are freezing ( well, I'm safe indoors where it is very warm), outside is very cold with high blustery winds. How exciting to be arranging your daughters wedding. Can't wait to hear more:)

Blessings

Dee said...

So happy to hear your art is selling and that you are having a good visit with your mom. Gods blessings are awesome.Like you we have been using fans...My Frank is always cold and can not tolerate air conditioning. Did you have this problem with your heart condition before your transplant?

TO BECOME said...

You amaze me at all you are able to do. I don't think I could breathe without the A/C. You are always such an encouragement to me. Thanks, connie

Abounding Treasures said...

Mrs Mobunny,

Glad you have AC and backup fans!

***

Jo,

I keep forgetting that while some of us are melting in the heat, others are freezing in the cold winter! Trust you are enjoying each season.

***

Dee,

Thanks!!

No, before I had my transplant, I could not stand the heat and was hot more often than not.

Immediately afterward, I felt the cold more than before and that's still true during the winter.

But, all in all, I'd rather be cool than hot since it's easier to *warm up* :)

***

Connie,

Thanks for such kind words! You are always an encouragement to me every time I read your blog posts as you share you heart!

~*~

Blessings to each of you!