Monday, June 6, 2011

May I Choose To Be Gentle

art by Sandy Clough

"Nothing is won by force.
I choose to be gentle.

If I raise my voice may it be only in praise.
If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer.
If I make a demand, may it be only of myself."

~ Max Lucado ~ 

I'm not here yet, but it is the desire of my heart :)

8 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I love Max Lucado. He has a way with words.

Susan B said...

Hi Dallas,
It's so nice to see a post from you! ☺ What a great quote from Max Lucado. Definitely words to ponder...thank you for sharing. I hope you are doing well. Enjoy your week!

Abounding Treasures said...

Lorraine,

I agree that he definitely has a way with words!!

***

Thanks Susan! I've been busy with my Etsy shop, my FB page for it, doing custom orders as well as pieces for 4 different shops *on consignment* ~ I'm not complaining though ~ I never expected any of it and I love it!

Blessings to both of you!!

Anonymous said...

Having a gentle spirit is something I have to be conscious about daily!

Abounding Treasures said...

Farrah,

Me too!! :)

Dee said...

I would love to have a gentle spirit..I feel your blog has a gentle spirit.:) Thank you for commenting on my blog...you are an encouragement to me.Still no word from the transplant team but I feel it may be a good sign. I have not lost hope.:)

HOPE said...

very good...and as God says..

wise as a serpent...HARMLESS as a DOVE!

God bless you friend!
HOPE

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks Dee! I've been thinking of you and Frank a lot as I'm sure waiting is a very difficult thing.

May the Lord continue to carry you through this whole experience and continue to give you peace in the midst of chaos ~ I'm so glad that you still have hope!

***

Hope,

Good to hear from you and you are so right with what you quoted!

Blessings to both of you!