Friday, August 26, 2011

Heart Strings

All visits must come to an end and saying good-bye is never easy, as I proved yesterday :(

When you live on opposite sides of the country to your Mom and you're both getting older, you appreciate even more the time that you are blessed to spend together!!

My mom is no longer able to get around as easily as when she was younger so we spent a lot of time just doing everyday things but doing them T-O-G-E-T-H-E-R which makes all the difference :)

We did dishes, cut up veggies, did laundry, LAUGHED A LOT, made beds, baked muffins, ate muffins, REMINISCED A LOT, talked, listened, went shopping a bit.  She even had fun helping me with some of my crafts and I crocheted her several dishcloths to take home!

She was as excited as I was when I received my very 1st wholesale order for 11 of my recycled Etsy creations for a soon-to-open boutique located FAR AWAY from me.

It's much quieter around our house today .... I miss her already and am off to baker her favourite muffins!!

Blessings to all,







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm *so glad* you got to have such a lovely and blessed visit with your mom. :o)

Finding Joy said...

My mum is approaching her 80s and she lives a long way from me, so I often wonder how many more times I will see her and that makes me sad. So I understand completely.

Wow to your bulk order, that is excellent.

Blessings

susansspace said...

How nice that you were able to spend some special time with your Mom! I tried to post a comment last week while we were at the beach, but was unable to.
Hope you're having a good week!
Blessings, Susan

Abounding Treasures said...

Michele,

Thanks! It was a wonderful time :)

***

Jo,

You understand completely what I mean and I feel for you as well --

***

Susan,

Thanks! Glad you had no trouble posting your sweet comment this time around :)

~*~

Blessings to the three of you!