Friday, March 4, 2011

Does What I Believe Make a Difference?

Until Then Sweet Rose by John Waterhouse


Our conduct has a direct influence
on how people think about the gospel.

The world doesn't judge us by our theology;
the world judges us by our behaviour.

People don't necessarily want to know
what we believe about the Bible.

They want to see if what we believe
makes a difference in our lives.

Our actions either bring glory to
God or misrepresent His truth."

~ Mrs. Carolyn Mahaney ~


"Let your light shine before men in such a way
that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

~ Matthew 5:16 ~


6 comments:

Deborah said...

Amen! and if they see the difference that may open a door to telling them the gospel.

Trisha said...

Here from Jo's. :)

Is this from Feminine Appeal? I just finished this book and was so blessed by it. Wonderful words here, aren't they? Blessings to you!

Finding Joy said...

That is just beautiful and very true. I love the new look banner, as a fan of flowers these are just gorgeous.

Abounding Treasures said...

Amen Deborah! That's what I pray for!

***

Welcome Trisha!

I'm not sure what book it came from only that it was a quote of Mrs Mahanwy'a :o)

***

Thanks Jo! I fell in love with those pictures when I saw their gorgeous colours :o)

susansspace said...

Beautiful post, Dallas! Love the quote, the picture, & especially the Bible verse!
Hope all is well with you. I've been away from blogging for awhile, & am playing 'catch-up'.
Blessings, Susan

Abounding Treasures said...

Susan,

I loved it as soon as I read it too!
I haven't been posting as much as I used to ~ I just don't as much time on my hands I guess ... but I do try to play *catch up* from time to time :o)

Blessings to you and yours!