Wednesday, March 2, 2011

6 Years Later

I can hardly believe it's been 6 years since I received my miraculous heart transplant!!

I had my biopsy yesterday and received the good results this morning ~ the cardiologist on duty has decided to DECREASE my prednisone by 1mg to 5 so I'm pretty happy about that :o)

Every year, different nurses in the Cath Lab [aka catheterization] ask me questions and yesterday I was sharing with one of them that each year at this time is bittersweet ~ while my family and I are celebrating the day we received the wonderful news that I matched with a heart donor, the donor's family is remembering one of the saddest days of their lives.

May I always carry their memory in my heart and may I always give all the honour and glory to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!!

Blessings,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news Dallas, I'm so glad your heart is doing so well.

I LOVE your header!

Deborah said...

Praising the Lord for your good check up!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Yes, it is a bittersweet day as you remember the loss of the donor family. God has given you a new heart and it is a joy to rejoice with you.

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks Michele, Deborah and Lorraine!

I am so thankful ... my cup runneth over in many ways and all the glory is to the Lord Jesus Christ :o)

Trisha said...

Amazing and wonderful! How great God is, and what a blessing it is to your family for you to have such a grateful heart! May you continue to be blessed with good health!

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks Trisha :o)