found via Google Images
It's that time of year once again when little ones are starting back to school ... either public school or earlier if they are homeschooled.
Today was the 1st day in our area for children to return to classes and one of the things I love about the end of summer is finding Crayola crayons on sale!
Guess what I did!! I bought 6 of the 24 packs to give out to little children that we know and 1 of the 64 packs to have on hand here at home anytime visitors come over who have little children. We already have lots of paper for them to colour on and it gives them something fun to do when their Mommy and Daddy are busy chatting with us :o)
When I'm out THRIFTING, I always keep my eyes open for really neat childrens books that would be great to have here for little ones to look through or read while they are over visiting ...
As you can tell, I'm one that likes to be prepared :o)
Blessings,


11 comments:
What a great idea. Also, about the books.
Just this morning I was listening to Focus on the Family and they were saying how important it is for grandparents and Aunts/Uncles to set up areas in their home with fun things for children who visit to do. I also try to have things on hand for my nieces and nephews to do.
Hi Dallas,
That's a great idea to buy crayons and color books or reading books for visiting children. It is good to be prepared!
Have a lovely weekend! :)
Sandy and Susan ~
I guess our *3 great minds* think alike :o)
Have a great weekend!!
How sweet of you to plan ahead for
'little visitors'. Your home sounds like a welcome place!
Blessings, Susan
P.S. I love getting in on the 'back-to-school' specials, too.
S: )
I have to agree with the other ladies - what an excellent idea.
How thoughtful!
I think I'd like visiting too!
As I am approaching empty nesting season I have started to put aside some of my own kids' stuff - you know the classic toys - the stuff I just can not give to charity as I know one day visiting children will love them :)
Lynn
PS love your blog!
I have an art box in my home with all kinds of goodies for kids to dig into. Like you I love finding book's for them to read and look at. Unfortunately not to many kids get to visit anymore. They have all grown up or live to far away. It is good to be prepared for when the little one's vist. :)
This is one big girl who still loves coloring crayons and coloring books.....I can still remember the smell of those brand new crayons. Oh, to be a kid again.....
Jerri
Oh.... yes, it's that delightful time of year!
You are so kind!!
*smiles*
Many Blessings~ Jen
New crayons are just so pretty! And what a blessing to come up with hospitality ideas for little ones!
I hope you are having a wonderful week, Dallas!
Sharon
Ladies,
Thanks for all the wonderful comments and your sharing your own ideas on this!
Trust you are all enjoying a wonderful week :o)
Post a Comment