
In Exodus 15:1-22, Moses and the people of Israel
sang a song of thanksgiving unto the Lord
after He had brought them through the Red Sea --
"The Lord God is my strength and song,
and he is become my salvation."
A very short while later,
"The people murmured against Moses ..."
"And Moses cried unto the Lord ..."
I don't know about you, but after being brought through so much during my life, you wouldn't think that I'd ever forget or lose sight of what's important, would you?!!
Well, I do :o(
I am human ... weak and frail ... and thankfully the Lord understands my frame ... that I am but dust ...

after He had brought them through the Red Sea --
"The Lord God is my strength and song,
and he is become my salvation."
A very short while later,
"The people murmured against Moses ..."
"And Moses cried unto the Lord ..."
I don't know about you, but after being brought through so much during my life, you wouldn't think that I'd ever forget or lose sight of what's important, would you?!!Well, I do :o(
I am human ... weak and frail ... and thankfully the Lord understands my frame ... that I am but dust ...
- Would that I always remember that the Lord is just as interested in the details as He is in the big things. May He help me to remember always and never lose sight of all that He has done in my life.
- May His face be ever before me and may I be single-hearted in my devotion.
- May He create in me a willing heart and a willing mind that He may use me as He sees fit.
- May He help me to yield to His still small voice and those soft whisperings ... in all things.

6 comments:
As expected, beautifully written again. Looking forward to getting to know you in eternity. :) Blessings, Cathryn
This is a beautiful post, thank you so much Dallas. Yes, it is so easy to lose sight of what is important - the forest and the trees.
*sigh* Me too, I think we *all* struggle with this at times in our Christian life.
As the old hymn says....."O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be! Let thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee. Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above."
Cathryn,
Thanks! It's where my daily reading is now as I start back at the beginning once again ...
I look forward to getting to know you and all the others I've met through the wonderful world of blogging ~ isn't it great that although we will likely never meet down here ... we will meet in the Glory, by and by :o)
***
Jo,
The *forest* and the *trees* ~ an excellent word picture :o)
Read the words to the hymn that Michele includes in her post under yours ~ they're amazing!!
***
Michele,
Thanks for sharing those amazing words with me ~ I guess it's a hymn that I don't know by heart and those words seem so new and fresh to me!
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
We must always be watchful and in the word. We are all so human.I am thankful for God being in the small things of my life as well as the larger.And I am ever thankful for his grace.
I'm so glad the words to the hymn were a blessing to you. I was blessed by them as well. In fact I've posted the entire song on my blog.
Thanks for the inspiration. (o:
Blessings and Hugs My Friend!
~Michele
Post a Comment