Many years ago she gave us some transplants for our backyard and they have spread all over the back corner. Usually they're in full blossom by now but because of this year's weather, they are all filled with buds that are just popping open :o)
Soon I'll be able to pick fresh sweet bouquets every day and place them in a tiny blue and white vase on my windowsill so that whenever a breeze wafts through the open window as I do the supper dishes, the fragrance will fill my nostrils as the memory fills my heart!!
Blessings,
6 comments:
Lilacs make me think of my Momma. We had two huge bushes. It was an incredible fragrance!
I find myself planting many flowers in memory of someone or another. It is funny how memories and flowers do connect!
Lily of the Valley was one of the many flowers grown by my Husband's Southern Grandmom.
I just wanted you to know that I've been enjoying your blog and have it linked in my side bar, I hope you don't mind.
Blessings from the Dixie Gypsy.
What a lovely memory. Smells *really* evoke memories for me too. (o:
Blessings!
~Michele
Mowed lawn always reminds me of late Saturday afternoons when I was a child. becuase that was when my dad would mow the lawns - after he had finished all his other jobs. Yes it is funny how certain smells remind us of things.
Hi Dallas,
That is so true that certain smells bring back certain memories. That happens to me too. The flowers are beautiful. I hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Dallas you have such a dear sweet blog. Your discription of the bouquets reminds me of one of the beautiful pictures you use on your blog. You have done an excellent job on the bridal invitations. I am guessing she chose the one with the butterflys and the heart in a circle? Your daughter will always cherish her invitation just like you cherish the flower transplants from your mom.
Post a Comment