Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Walk to Remember

Our temps have been up and down over the past weeks but last week there was 1 day where the sun was not only shining, but it was actually quite warm :o)

I took advantage of that afternoon and went for a stroll up our street to the top of the subdivision, then decided to wander in the woods.

The last time I had walked through these woods was 4 years ago, 1 year and the 1st spring after I had received my new heart . . . that was a thrill for me as I hadn't been able to walk and wander as I used to for many years!!

Those woods hold lots of memories for our family!

Our children used to play there, the boys builts forts in in, during the winter we often strolled through it because it was a veritable WINTER WONDERLAND.

During those winters, we would take the dog off her leash and let her run while the children would go sleeding down the big hill and laugh with wonder and joy in the icy cold air.

The last winter I remember not only having enough snow and enough physical ability to enjoy that woods area was when my daughter was about 7 years old and we wandered down so all the young children could slide down the big hill.

She is turning 21 this summer so that tells you that it's been a very long time!

I always pray that the Lord would keep me from taking anything for granted because it is so easy to do that when things are going well ...

Blessings,

If you look closely at the top row, you'll *see* my shadow :o)

9 comments:

sarah said...

I always pray that the Lord would keep me from taking anything for granted because it is so easy to do that when things are going well ...

Amen... beautiful post and pictures!

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how we as humans take our health and our bodies for granted. We don't realize until it's taken away from us how a simple walk or time outside or being active with family is such a treasured gift. So glad that you can take these beautiful walks again!

Love and Blessings,

Cari

Janean said...

just stopped in via another blog and wanted to say *hello* to your shadow! LOL.

lovely photos....

Dee said...

What a great place to have made memories in...very pretty.The one good thing from my husbands illness is we learned very quickly not to take anything for granted.

Susan B said...

Beautiful photos Dallas! It's nice that you are able to enjoy all those memories while you walk. And to remember not to take life for granted!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Dear Dallas, These photographs of the beautiful area around your home are amazing. Filled with memories of sweet times with your children.

Very nice mosaic!

Abounding Treasures said...

Sarah,

So true and it's something I pray consistently because I'm very forgetful ...

***

Cari,

Such true and wise words!

***

Janean,

Welcome! And hi to you too :o)

***

Dee,

I know what you mean about your husband's illness teaching you that!

Mine did as well but as the days come and go and things continue to go well, I don't want to fall back into that mode of forgetting ...

***

Susan,

Thanks! It was a lovely walk and good memories can be such a wonderful walking partner sometimes :o)

***

LDH,

The woods around us are beautiful and I try not to take them for granted because they are owned by someone and I suppose could be built on some day in the future and it would be such a loss!

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

Rebecca said...

God has truly "planted" you in a beautiful place! I'm thankful with you for eyes to see, ears to hear, the energy to walk and nature to observe.

Abounding Treasures said...

Rebecca,

Amen! He certainly has :o)

Blessings to you!