Monday, April 12, 2010

Hurray!

Hurray!! My hostas didn't die during the winter but are just beginning to poke their heads through the dirt :o)

I also had some great news concerning 2 of my *crafts* ~
  • I made Top 3 in an online card making challenge with the above scalloped circle cards and as a *newbie* to all this, I found that really encouraging!
  • I was contacted by an interior design company in the state of Massachusetts for permission to use a photo of one of my Baby Elephant or Butterfly Whimsy collages in a future post of theirs!
I know in the grand scheme of things, none of this really matters but in my small, everyday life, especially where I've been trying new things and using abilities that I'd never tried before, it's all quite exciting!

I'm always impressed by ldh and her amazing talents with photography and just viewing it inspires me to take camera in hand and see what I can capture with my own eyes!

I'll share tomorrow some pix that I took last week during a walk in the woods near us :o)

Blessings,

8 comments:

Dee said...

Congratulations! How exciting to be asked to use one of your collages in a photo shoot and to have one of your cards in the top three of the card challenge.:) I look forward to seeing the photo's you take on your walk.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas,

It all matters because it's important to you! :) What a wonderful honor(s)!

Have a wonderful evening!

Blessings,

Cari

Lady Farmer said...

Hurray! I shouting for joy along with you, Dallas, about your hostas! And on your beautiful cards AND your so adorable collages! Congratulations! I think your creativity is just awesome!
Blessings!

Finding Joy said...

Isn't so exciting to see new life after a cold winter. Another one of Gods wondrous creations. My garden is all closing down for winter and now that the nights are cold the leaves are all turning red.

Sharon said...

Congratulations Dallas!!! How exciting for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that's very exciting and quite an honor! (o:

Abounding Treasures said...

Dee,

Thanks, but it's not a photo shoot ~ simply a few photos to illustrate the point they're going to make in their post :o)

Still, I was thrilled to be contacted!

***

Cari,

You're right ~ thanks for that reminder!!

***

Lady Farmer,

Thanks for your sweet comment! Your enthusiasm is even contagious for me :o)

Sometimes I still can't believe that I have a little creativity because it's not something I ever dreamed as a child or younger person!

***

Jo,

I love seeing the signs of spring as they pop up here and there and love the sound of chirping birds once again and the *peepers* peeing in the evening!

I keep forgetting that you are beginning winter as we are awaiting the blooming of our gardens :o)

***

Sharon,

Thanks! It is ... but I'm only one of many who take part and are so honoured in these ongoing challenges. They're fun and teach me to stretch my wings and go out of my creative comfort zone to try new things :o)

***

Michele,

Thanks! It's so good to have you visiting once again ... I hope that's a sign that you're feeling better :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you as you go about your days,
Dallas

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Those hosta plants seems to be very hardy ~ glad yours are beginning to shoot up!

So exciting that you made Top 3 in the card making challenge! I am sure that must have been a delightful encouragement to you!