Saturday, April 3, 2010

SO Tired -- UPDATED


This painting shows you how I feel just now . . .

I went to bed feeling just fine last night and couldn't figure out WHY I was tossing and turning at 5 o'clock this morning . . .

I continued trying to get back to sleep but all to no avail as I realized it was gout causing deep, aching pain in my right foot :o(

So I took one of the pills I have on hand just for such times, hoping that the pain will soon subside. It's been 2.5 hours since I took it and it hasn't yet relieved the pain, but I am hopeful because it usually works.

I'm going to have to check on the net to see if it's OK to take a 2nd dose later this morning because I don't think I can put up with this discomfort much longer . . .

UPDATE

Thanks for the kind comments left for me ~ I am happy to tell you that although I am still feeling very tired, I did end up taking a 2nd dose of the gout pain medication and it has finally worked!!!

I'm going to take it easy today and not go to town as I had originally planned . . . the Lord has His reasons for wanting me to stay close to home today and I am happy to listen to the signals my body is giving me :o)

14 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I am sorry, Dallas...praying that you will be able to be pain free.

Happy Easter!

sherry said...

I'm lifting you up in prayer *right now* .....

jAne * tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Lady Farmer said...

Said a little prayer for you, Dallas, that your pain would be gone and wisdom for the medication!

And, hoping your Resurrection Sunday is blessed!

Abounding Treasures said...

Thank you ladies for your kind words and prayer on my behalf ... the medication has worked and the pain at least is greatly decreased.

I'm still very tired but that can be remedied by a nap before supper :o)

Blessings,
Dallas

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon and that it doesn't keep you down for long. (o:

susansspace said...

Sorry to hear you've been suffering from gout and loss of sleep, but glad the 2nd dose has kicked in & you're feeling a little better.
Hope you feel better and rested tomorrow & can enjoy a Happy, Blessed Easter!
Susan

Jeannette said...

Cherry Juice is good to relieve and prevent gout.

Susan B said...

Hi Dallas,
Sorry to hear about the pain in your foot! I'm glad that you are feeling better too.

Dee said...

Praise the Lord for medications to help heal our pains. Your out look is inspiring...that perhaps the Lord did not want you out. I often forget that when a plan I have laid out for myself gets changed...it may be for my own good or for another. Easter Blessings.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Happy to hear you are feeling better. Now praying for a good nights sleep and that you will feel rested when you awake tomorrow morning!

Finding Joy said...

Isn't it funny how He slows us down and we can't quite work out why - Sometimes it is a little reminder to remember our Heavenly Father - in our busy hectic lives we often forget. Glad you are feeling better.

God Bless

Jo

Abounding Treasures said...

Ladies,

Thanks for the good wishes and for the advice about the cherry juice :o)

I try to remind myself NOT to get too disappointed about things that don't work out according to my plans - TRY to ... I don't always remember!

Blessings to all of you,
Dallas

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. Being sick is so very hard.

Blessings,

Cari

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks Cari ~ I appreciate your kind words ... yours and all the others have been a balm to my soul :o)

Blessings,
Dallas