Friday, April 2, 2010

How Many Suppers Have YOU Cooked?

Have you ever tried to figure out the number of suppers you've prepared by counting the number of years you've been married?

I haven't -- but I know that sometimes I scratch my head and wonder what to have for supper TOMORROW night as I prepare to go to bed, realizing I better take something out of the freezer :o)

A couple of days ago when that happened, I knew that I had ground beef on hand as well as a cabbage that needed using up so I prepared Almost Cabbage Rolls Casserole and it turned out better than the first 2 times I tried it!

So much easier than making cabbage rolls, something that I've yet to master :o)

Blessings,

5 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Oh, this is just to funny, Dallas!
I was just waiting for your page to load and wondering what are we going to have for dinner! You may have just answered my question!
Have a Blessed Easter/Resurrection Sunday!

Tracy said...

That would be a LOT of suppers! Close to 7,000 for me, and far more for you! ( I gave myself 25 nights off per year when figuring, although I know it's not that high, but just to be fair...;0)

Your casserole looks delicious! I love cabbage rolls.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Now that looks good! I really love cooked cabbage!

Finding Joy said...

I once worked out how many birthday cakes I had made or bought for my family (including for myself) and it is 87!!! Many more dinners.......

Abounding Treasures said...

Lady Farmer,

I'm glad I was able to help :o)

***

Tracy,

I just took a calculator and used your calculations and it's well over 10,000!!

You'd think by now I would NEVER have to wonder what 2 people are going to eat :o)

***

LDH,

I've decided that it's a flavour I really love as well and yet as a child, it definitely was NOT!!

***

Jo,

87 cakes! Wow - I hadn't even thought of that :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you during this weekend with your families,
Dallas