Last Friday, the buds on our maple tree were closed tightly and there was no sign of my bleeding heart plants but Monday afternoon the buds were open and the bleeding heart shrubs were a couple of inches above ground!!I know for much of the world, spring flowers are already in full bloom but the signs I've enjoyed are early for our neck of the woods :o)
A question for all gardeners out there -- last year was our 1st year for planting HOSTAS across the front and I'm wondering when they usually begin to appear above the ground after winter?
Blessings,

9 comments:
Greetings Dallas, I'm glad you are enjoying the signs of spring; I'm hoping when we return home from vacation I can focus on spring like weather instead of the cold winter.
Blessings to you dear one, sorry I haven't been around too much lately-I do read your posts just don't always comments.
Have a blessed day.
Noreen
Your hosta plants should begin popping out of the ground soon because I think we are just a bit ahead of you in the season. My bleeding hearts are in full bloom right now (I have a post ready for next week)and my hostas are about 4-5 inches out of the ground. I have found lately that the rabbits are eating my hosta plants and have had to surround them with chicken wire.
Pretty mosaic of your maple!
Hi Dallas!
Spring has arrived early here in Washington State! We did have some lovely weather a few weeks ago, but now we are back to wind and rain, rain, rain!
My hosta's have only been up for a week or so. I would think yours will be coming up soon, but I am always surprised by the very different temps. between east and west coast weather!
Enjoy your beautiful spring blooming trees, shrubs and plants!
Blessings!
Noreen,
It's great that you are having a wonderful vacation and I sure hope spring is in full bloom by the time you get home!
***
ldh,
Thanks for the *heads up* ~ I'll be on the lookout for them now!
I can hardly wait until there is some COLOUR around the yard and I look forward to your upcoming pix of your bleeding heart shrubs.
***
Lady Farmer,
April SHOWERS bring May flowers so you should be in for a real treat next moth :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Hi Dallas,
Beautiful photos! I hope you will be enjoying more spring weather soon. Have a wonderful day!
A nice mosaic of your pretty blossoms! Spring is in full bloom here, and it is so lovely.
Hope you're feeling fine again!
Susan
Spring isn't in full bloom here by any means but the *signs* are appearing earlier than usual :o)
Yes, I'm feeling just fine now!
Blessings,
Dallas
Hi Dallas,
I'm a long time lurker:)
Just wanted to thank you for your blog, and also: last spring, I was sure my hostas did not survive the winter... they seemed to emerge last- after everything else. But they eventually came up! Happy gardening!
Rosemary
Rosemary,
I'm so glad that you DE-lurked long enough to introduce yourself and say HI :o)
Sorry to hear about your hostas ... we discovered on Sun afternoon that ours have survived and tiny *nibs* are finally poking their noses through the soil ~ YAY!!
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment