Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yesterday Was Not Typical After All :o)

by British artist, Alison Griffin

Well, my typical Monday was NOT typical after all :o)

Even though my husband was off work, we got up earlier than we would have normally ... this enabled him to drop me off at the hospital to get blood work done in preparation for 5th my annual post-transplant check-up in a week's time and he then dropped off our car to get some regular maintenance done!

I took a taxi back home and when I was almost finished eating my brunch [I'd had to fast for some of the blood tests], the dealer called to say someone would be on their way to pick me up because our car was ready!

After the dealer's, I drove to buy gas, then did some grocery shopping. After one more errand, I was glad to return home.

While I was out, our had son phoned to say he'd be over for supper and to spend part of the evening with us so that was a nice surprise and later in the evening after he'd gone home, I had a chat with our daughter while she was riding the bus home from work far, far away ~ cell phones are wonderful sometimes, aren't they!?

So, other than doing the dishes and making supper and my husband's lunch for work, I didn't get anything done around the house ... but that's the beauty of being a homemaker -- what needs to be done won't go anywhere and it's not the end of the world that I didn't do anything about any of it yesterday ~ I've got today to do what I can :o)

The Lord obviously had other plans for me and they were far more exciting anyways!!

Blessings,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful! Those were lovely "interruptions" of your basic routine. And you're right, it's wonderful to be a homemaker and know that you can just do it another day. (o:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That is the beauty of homemaking - the ability to shift our schedule for the unexpected and to be able to enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a lovely day with the comfort that the household things can be done another day :)

-C (formerly homemaker at heart)

Dee said...

:) good out look. I hope all goes well with your check up.

Farrah said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Abounding Treasures said...

Michele & Mrs Rabe,

The beauty of homemaking is something I value and am so thankful each and every day that I have been blessed to be able to stay home :o)

***

C,

It was! In earlier years it would probably have bothered me that I couldn't get everything done, but not anymore :o)

***

Dee,

Thanks for the good wishes!

***

Farrah,

It was :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

Sharon said...

It is so wonderful to be a homemaker indeed! To me your day sounded great (except maybe getting poked for blood work). ;-) I hope you get a good report!

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks so much Sharon and you're right, it IS wonderful to be a homemaker and I appreciate it more every day when I realize how blessed I am :o)