I try to decide the night before what I'm going to make for supper but am not always that prepared :o)
Once I complete the tasks that require attention around the house, I sometimes bake, but that usually depends on what's in the freezer, what's needed and what events are coming up! Otherwise, I'll check my email and then wander outside to our mailbox to see if there's anything interesting waiting.
Later, I will poke around in my craft room and decide whether I feel like making some cards OR painting a watercolour *wash* that can be used as a background OR working on one of my recent butterfly collages.
This is a recent experiment that has helped me to figure out the measurements and layout so I can make them as personalized baby gifts ~ I didn't have any coloured ink in our printer so had to use black instead of some soft pastel shade :o(
I've got to re-do the test one for a boy as well as do a practice one appropriate for either a wedding or anniversary . . . they will make great gifts from my heart to the recipient as well as new additions to my etsy shop :o)
I'm blessed to be able to chat with my daughter who lives 3,000 miles away because she phones me almost every day during the work week while she's walking to buy her lunch :o)
Since my husband works about 1 hour away, he doesn't get home until later and we eat later so I'm finally in the mode of NOT needing to get supper started at 4:30 pm anymore although I still do the prep at that time while I'm making myself a cup of tea . . . habit, I guess!
What's YOUR typical day like? I'd love to hear all about it :o)Blessings,


7 comments:
I just came to your blog via Jo's Stop and Chat. Your day sounds lovely....I long for the day when I can maybe be a homemaker!
At the present, I work fulltime. I rise at 6, dress and breakfast, and then have about 45 to work on a project, whether that means binding a quilt, braiding a rug, or crocheting or knitting a bit. I love to sew and craft!
I work from 8-5, and then come home to make dinner, and, depending on the evening, do some baking, or craft a bit more. Wednesday nights are youth group (my husband and I are youth leaders) and a couple of months a year I teach life-long learning classes about architectural and state (I live in the states in the Midwest) history.
If you get a chance, stop by my blog.!
Due to an unpredictable 6 month old, my days usually don't follow a pattern. We only have one vehicle so I am home all day (I also have an almost 5 year old).
I try to get the following done daily (make beds, keep up with dishes and laundry, organize something, and pick up here and there). Finding time to read anything is a problem here due to the current season of life I'm in. I basically keep the Bible open on the kitchen island and read when I get a chance. Sometimes I have to hold the baby while doing it. His naps last only 20 minutes or so, and they aren't often...plus he's a terrible sleeper at night as well. So needless to say my energy is shot lol!! I also like to work on my blog and do the best I can with cooking things from scratch.
My day is variable, but mostly to get up when my husband leaves for work, have some quiet time, computer time, get my children up and have them eat breakfast. We then get dressed and start school. The afternoons may be filled with bowling or co-op then home to make dinner. We usually eat around 5:30 or 6:00pm and then we try to have family worship and other reading.
Sometimes the kids play games with their Daddy and then off to bed. The older ones are up until we go to bed!
Dear Dallas,
What beautiful butterfly collages! I can tell you put a lot of love into them.
Thank you for sharing your "typical" day~We don't have many of those around here ;) !
Love,
Marqueta
This was such fun to read! I love these kinds of posts. (o:
Val,
Thanks for not only visiting but taking time to share your wonderful life and very busy days :o)
***
Cafe,
I can remember that *season* of my life very well and realize now that if the Internet had been around then as it is now, I would have been in big trouble as I'd want to spend lots of time on it and would KNOW that I shouldn't!
My days back then had a rough perimeter about them that had to be open to constant change depending what was happening with my 3 children, etc.
***
Mrs Rabe,
Sounds like you're a very early riser ~ I don't get up til after my husband leaves for work as he leaves really early for his 1 hour drive to the city :o)
I well remember the days when our 3 children were all at home and it was much different for me then than now, that's for sure!
***
Marqueta,
With little ones, I didn't have very many *typical* days either :o)
***
Michele,
Thanks - I'm gad :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Your day sounds wonderful - I'm up at 6:00am and at work by 7:30am so the mornings are always hectic. I eat breakfast at work so I can eat it slowly and enjoy it!! My work day ends at 4:20 so I am home by 5:00 and from there to 6:00 I am busy buzzing about doing cooking, cleaning and washing. Once I have my dinner at 6:45 I can relax and do my "hobbies" - I go to bed at 10:45 and sleep like a baby!!!
I just love the butterfly picture - I am going to make the one you made earlier once I find a frame.
Post a Comment