Friday, October 9, 2009

Tragic News -- UPDATED

I was humbled and deeply touched by the compassion and care shown today in the various comments that were left for me.

Being over 3,000 miles away means I can do very little in a practical way, but I am so thankful that I CAN petition the Throne of Grace on their behalf.

I just spoke to my daughter and she spent the day with his family and many other friends, all sharing their grief and their memories and although they are all devastated, they are feeling the Lord's Everlasting Arms underneath them . . . carrying them.

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation,
that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble,
by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

II Cor. 1:3-4

Oh what a Saviour, that He died for me!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for His wonderful care even during the most tragic of circumstances!

Thank you for giving us an update.

Blessings,
~Michele

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news, Dallas. Petitioning the Throne is often more needed than anything else.

HOPE said...

Continuing in prayer Dallas...

Thanking the LORD they know HIM and the comfort of his presence.

Blessings to you..

HOPE~

Mrs. White said...

Thank you for the update. It is good they have each other for comfort.

Blessings
Mrs. White

TO BECOME said...

This was very sad to my heart. Such a waste of life. But as you said thankfully he had professed at an younger time in his life to have Known Jesus as Saviour. I am so sad for his family and friends. God will feel the void for them and help them to know His love for them and that they can lean of Him for comfort and strength. I am also thankful you were home when your daughter called. Have a good weekend. connie

susansspace said...

I'm so very sorry to read about the loss of your daughter's friend.
I'll be sure to lift up his family in prayer, as well as your daughter & other friends and loved ones in this tragic loss. Suicide leaves not only grief, but usually so many unanswered questions.
Even though you are many miles apart, I'm sure just talking with you & knowing you care, was a comfort to your daughter.

Susan B said...

So sorry to hear the news of your daughter's friend. I will be praying for the family, and your your daughter at the loss of their loved one.

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Praise the Lord for His kindnesses!

Thank you for the update.

Love,

Marqueta

Lois Christensen said...

So sorry for your daughter's loss. But how wonderful that even in times of great tragedy, we know there are friends who love us and a love from the Lord that can comfort us. Enjoy your Sunday!

Mrs. E said...

*HUGS*
Yes... indeed!
Amen!!
What an AMAZING Savior we
have in Jesus!

Love~ Jen

Kristi said...

I am torn as what to say. My brother committed suicide in 2004, two days after Thanksgiving. I think the most difficult part of suicide is that there is no closure for anyone. There are always unanswered questions, regrets, thoughts of "what if I had done this...". I know the heaviness of the hearts that the family and friends are experiencing. I will pray for them.

~Kristi

Abounding Treasures said...

To each dear Sister in the Lord who offered prayer, words of compassion and caring for this family as well as my daughter --

Words cannot convey how much I have appreciated each of you during this past week --

May each of you be blessed in your own souls as you ponder His great love for each of us,

Dallas