Friday, October 9, 2009

Tragic News

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this.

I received a phone call yesterday from my dear daughter telling me that a friend of hers had committed suicide sometime the day or night before.

She was SO upset and I felt SO helpless and UNable to do or say much.

I was very thankful that being a keeper at home, I was HERE for her at least, so that she had someone to talk to.

We talked for awhile, or rather, I talked to her for awhile and then told her I would be praying for her as well as the dear parents and siblings of this individual.

As a parent, I cannot imagine what they must be suffering at a time like this, but at least they have the peace of knowing that their son had trusted Christ as Saviour many years ago and that they too, have the Lord, to lean on during this vale of tears and grief.

If the Lord brings this post across your heart during the next while, prayer on behalf of this family and all their connections would be most appreciated.





12 comments:

Farrah said...

I'm so sorry

Anonymous said...

There are no words for a sad situation like this. I will pray for your daughter's friend, his family and for your daughter as well and that they may all find comfort in our Lord.

Thinking of you,

Blessings from Cari in NH

Anonymous said...

Oh how TERRIBLE! I'm so very sorry....

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Oh, how awful! I will pray that the Lord will comfort the family.

Love,

Marqueta

Lady Farmer said...

Oh,dear. How very sad! I will be praying.

HOPE said...

Oh what sorrow...the nightmare of a Parent. I am so glad you were HOME for your daughter. Praise the LORD she knew who to call and I know you were the comfort she needed at the time. Reassuring words.

I will surely be in prayer Dallas. Please update if you can on how they are doing and your daughter.

HOPE~

Cathy said...

Oh, dear, Dallas, that really is tragic news. I'm glad you were there for her too. Praying for all ~

Mrs. E said...

I will be lifting this family in my prayers!! May the Lord give them His strength and peace!

Love~ Miss Jen

Abounding Treasures said...

Dear Ladies,

Just a note of grateful thanks for all your prayers and kind words in the midst of this tragic situation.

Blessings to each of you dear Sisters in Christ,
Dallas

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Will be praying for all!

Mrs. White said...

This so sad. I will be praying.

Blessings
Mrs. White

Dee said...

I am sorry for your daughters loss. I have her and the family in prayer.