Thursday, August 6, 2009

Puttering Brings Memories to Life


"Puttering is different from tidying up. Puttering is really a time to be alone, to dream and to get in touch with yourself.

When I'm tidying up, I can always use an extra pair of hands, but when I'm puttering I like to be on my own ...

When I putter, I make new discoveries ... I sort through belongings I've gathered around me. I'm reminded of aspects of my life, and the memories are brought into the room."

~ Alexandra Stoddard

Both paintings are copyright 2009 - Susan Rios

8 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

puttering does the same thing for me too!

~~Deby said...

hmmmmm....think you are spot on, about puttering..yes..I do like to do it alone...and it is therapeutic....
deby

Anonymous said...

What a great quote! And I completely agree with it. (o:

Mrs. E said...

Indeed.... what a beautiful quote!
Thank you for sharing, dear Mrs.D!!

Love~ Miss Jen

Susan B said...

Enjoyed the quote and the pictures. I enjoy puttering too!

susansspace said...

Oh yes! I love 'puttering'! Don't you?
S: )

Abounding Treasures said...

Julie,

Isn't it a wonderful activity?! :o)

***

Deby,

Understand just what you mean!

***

Michele,

It is! Silly me forgot to put Alexandra Stoddard's name when I first posted it :i(

Her books can be a little *off base* in a lot of ways, but other things are spot on!

***

Jen,

You're welcome!

***

Susan,

It's a favourite activity of mine and another Happy Anniversary to you and William :o)

***

Susan,

Oh yes, I really do!

Sometimes I don't get much really accomplished while doing it, but I always have a wonderful time doing it :o)

~*~

Blessings to all of you dear ladies as the weekend is about to begin,
Dallas

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

To me puttering is doing what I like to do rather that what I have to do. When my husband asks why I don't just sit down and relax, I tell him puttering IS relaxing to me.