Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Days

Summer Porch by Kevin Liang

My mom has been here 1 week already and it's been SO HOT that we've kept a low profile. I'm sure it's the same wherever most of you are and likely even HOTTER. I heard from one of my readers in the UK and they've been experiencing mostly rain!

I have relatives that love this heat and don't wilt like I do, but I am a *spring + autumn* kind of person :o)

We've been playing games in the evenings and sitting outside under the shade of the umbrella to enjoy the after-supper cooler breezes and it's been great!

We hope to go to our town's Farmer's Market this Saturday to buy fresh veggies harvested earlier that morning from the farmers' fields as well as see the crafts and homemade items that are always for sale ~ it's been about 2-4 years since either one of us has gone so it should be a special treat :o)

Blessings,

6 comments:

sarah said...

Could we exchange some of the temperatures? We are having the coldest Summer in the History of our area! I keep wondering when Summer will arrive!

God bless you and thank you for your blog!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I agree, I'm a 'spring/autumn' kind of girl too!

And your evenings with your mom sound *lovely*. (o:

Blessings,
~Michele

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh yes, spring/autumn is the best. It has been hot these fast few days but we have actually had a pleasant summer thus far. Even enough rain to keeps things green without watering. Usually by August we are in a drought and everything is dried and brown.

Happy to hear you are enjoying the evenings with your mom.

Kindly, ldh

Abounding Treasures said...

Sarah,

Gladly :o)

For your sake, I hope you get some warm, sunny days this month!

***

Michele,

To me, spring and autumn are a breath of fresh air :o)

***

LDH,

I should be really thankful as well, 'cause we've had plenty of rain and things are green with no need yet of watering lawns and such.

August is usually our hottest and most humid month, so temps could still climb :o(

~*~

Blessings to the 3 of you dear ladies,
Dallas

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

enjoy your visit! how nice to have your mom around.

~~Deby said...

---I am not a *summer girl*...no it would be Autumn, Spring, Winter--then summer....but I do like the sunshine summer brings as we don't have an abundance of it here in the Pacific north WET.....
This is our first year with central a/c and I have loved it...
Deby
Glad you are enjoying your visit, Dallas...