Many of them were clothing items including a couple of scarves and a couple of blazer-suit jackets as well as an almost new spring jacket at very cheap prices!
Although I'm not showing those, the following were delightful discoveries as well --
This lovely dish was only 49 CENTS --I fell in love with the beautiful colours and the floral pattern!
I found the white doily on a previous trip for only $1.99
I read this delightful book to all 3 of my childrenwhen they were little so discovering this copy
for only 69 CENTS was great!
It will accompany me to visit my grandsons in a few weeks
and I hope the older one will be just as delighted
when we cuddle and I read it to him
and we both laugh at the silly rhymes :o)
For only $2.99, this book is filledwith everything made from potatoes,
including all sorts of desserts!
For 99 CENTS each,I found 2 beautiful handled wicker baskets
very similar to the one on the kitchen table in this photo!
They are perfect to have on hand in case I need them
to make up something to take to a friend in need,
filling it with some home-baked goodies, assorted fruit,
a hand-made card and a crocheted dishcloth :o)
Blessings,

12 comments:
Oh Dallas, I especially love the dish you found. It takes me back to my childhood somehow.
What cute treasures!
Beth
oh you sure did get some treasures..I love it when I find bargains..my grandsons are arriving soon and I can't wait to read....thanks for sharing, Dallas, I enjoy seeing things people find at thrift shops...
Deby
I love finding stuff at the thrift store. :)
Dallas,
What wonderful finds! The floral dish is beautiful and I am sure your grandsons will love the book!
Thrift shops are my favorite places to visit :)
Blessings,
Miriam
Mrs.D,
What LOVELY finds!! ;)
I am always excited when I have the opportunity to thrift shop! There is nothing so wonderful as finding delightful treasures at such a great price.... is there?! Hope you had a delightful day!!!
With Much
Love in Christ,
Miss Jen
Hi Dallas, what wonderful finds! Such blessings! I love the thrift shop too. You've inspired me to post about my latest finds.
I also wanted to comment how good and gracious God is! I was in much need of new clothes recently but we had little money to spare. God knew my need. I visited a thrift shop and purchased everything I needed for $1 AUD per item! I almost cried at the checkout. The clothes are beautiful - my style and all.
'His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches over me'!
It's good to connect with you again.
Many blessings,
~Kalianne
Beautiful things at wonderful prices. I love to find bargins too. Love the flower plate! The little town that I live in has sweet little stores that sell antiques and such. On warm days I go downtown and look into the windows. All the little treasures are displayed so beautifully.
Thanks for sharing this. May God bless you and keep you in His care.
Bren
Well, Dallas, you got some great bargains! My favorite is the chintz saucer. I read the 'Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb' book to my grandchildren, also.
So glad you had an enjoyable time!
Susan
Beth,
Isn't it neat when we see something that reminds us of our childhood, especially if it brings back good memories :o)
***
Deby,
I'm glad that you enjoyed my shared treasures ~ have fun reading with and to your grandsons!
***
Lizzykristine,
I know just what you mean:o)
I wish we had a good one closer to us!
***
Miriam,
Thanks!
They are one of my favourite places to visit too :o)
***
Kalianne,
Welcome back to blogging and thanks for sharing your wonderful testimony of God's goodness and provision to you!
It's wonderful how the Lord knew just what you needed at a price you could comfortably pay and provided you with so much!!
***
Bren,
Meandering through your small downtown streets window shopping in antique and thrift stores sounds just like an activity that I would thoroughly enjoy :o)
***
Susan,
That's the word I couldn't think of at the time -- CHINTZ -- I love chintz patterns!
Since you've read that book to your grandchildren, you know how much *fun* it is to read out loud!
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Hi Dallas ~
What fun treasures! It won't be long until you are reading and cuddling with your little ones!
I especially love your idea for the baskets ~ filling them with goodies and taking them to someone in need. It all sounds wonderful! I guess I need to get my yarn out and give another try on a dishcloth. Yours are lovely and I just can't seem to get it quite right ~ I wish you lived close by! :)
Blessings to you,
Sharon
You found some nice things. I love the little dish, it's so pretty. I'm sure the wicker baskets are lovely too. Thank you for sharing your treasures.
Sharon,
I got that splendid idea from your blog :o)
Give the dishcloths another try with cotton yarn and you'll get it!
Do the first couple just for yourself so you don't put any pressure yourself and have FUN which is very important.
No matter how they turn out, you'll be able to use them and it'll be good practice!
If I was closer, I'd help in any way I could although I am a *leftie* so don't know how much help I could give :o)
***
Susan,
I loved the dish too and found the word I was searching for by another commenter ~ CHINTZ ~ that's the pattern of flowers on it :o)
~*~
Blessings to both of you,
Dallas
Post a Comment