The front door is on the street. Some keep it always open; some keep it latched; some locked; some bolted with a chain that will let you peep in but not get in; and some nail it up so that nothing can pass its threshold. This front door leads into a passage which opens into an anteroom and this into the interior apartments.
The side door opens at once into the sacred chambers. There is almost always at least one key to this side door. This is carried for years hidden in a mother's bosom.
Fathers, brothers, sisters and friends, often, but by no means so universally, have duplicates of it. The wedding ring conveys a right to one; alas, if none is given with it!
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
4 comments:
Dallas,
I have not heard this one before.
I want to congratulate you on your first sell from your etsy shop!
Your crocheting is pretty.
Blessings,
Miriam
That is great! Thank you for posting it.
~Kristi
So true......what wise words!!
Thank you for sharing this and the beautiful painting.
Many Blessings,
Miss Jen
Miriam,
It was a 1st for me when I read it and I was so excited when I received an email telling me I had my 1st sale from Etsy :o)
***
Kristi,
You're welcome :o)
***
Miss Jen,
I thought they were very wise words when I read it a short while back ...
~*~
Blessings to the three of you,
Dallas
Post a Comment