Thursday, February 12, 2009

Amethyst Remembrance

Today is my Birthday!
Another year older, but am I another year wiser?

"Have I grown in understanding and love,
In patience and generosity?
Have I walked with faith and hope?
Have I, in a small way, contributed to the world?
And have I fully appreciated the wonder
and beauty in every day?

~ Gladys Taber ~

"You have been in the storms and swept by the blasts.

Have they left you broken, weary, beaten in the valley,
or have they lifted you to the sunlit summits
of a richer, deeper, more abiding
manhood and womanhood?

Have they left you with more sympathy
with the storm-swept and the battle-scarred?"


~ Anonymous ~

The Lord has kept and preserved me
through so much during my life,
both before and after
I was cleansed by His precious blood.

May He awaken me to His will
and guide me with His still small voice
as I move about
my own little corner of the world.

May there be something from my life
that will bring honour and glory
to His Precious Name!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the very happiest of birthdays today! May the Lord bless you richly this day...and for many days after! He is so good!
Oh by the way, I got your link up on my site! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dallas! (Today would have been my grandfather's birthday as well.)

So glad you finally posted your photo so we can picture you in your lovely and very special writings, so very much an expression of all you are. Wishing you a blessed day and many years ahead!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thoughts to ponder! Thank you Dallas ~ and may the Lord bless you richly on your special day!

Happy Birthday to you!

Blessings,
Sharon

Paula said...

Dear Dallas,
A very Happy Birthday to you! What a joy it is for you to be celebrating another birthday!!! God is so good! May He bless you with many more! I love the quotes you shared. You do bring honor and glory to His precious name! I, and all that visit you are blessed by what you share. Thank you so much!

Love and blessings in Jesus!
Paula

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday,Dallas!! :)
Hope your day is full of His presence.
Those are very touching words and worth thinking about. Have you ever heard of the Chrisian music group Casting Crowns? They have a song called "Praise You in the Storm". You can view it on YouTube videos or better yet GodTube videos.

Miriam

Lady Farmer said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!
Have a beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I pray that the Lord blesses your day!!

NanaNor's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALLAS, I loved the poems-so precious as are you dear one. The Lord delights in you so much and He is glorified in your life. May He give you a very special birthday present that you will know came right from His hand.
Hugs to you.
Noreen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope your day is wonderful. (o:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Beth in NC said...

Happy Birthday dear Dallas! Bless you today and always!

Anonymous said...

I wish you a blessed birthday, and I pray that this next year will be your best year yet!

HOPE said...

This is Beautiful...and Happiest Of Birthdays to you!

I pray that you are blessed in many ways as you bless those who come here to visit.

HOPE

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hey, I made it... sending Happy Birthday wishes while it is still your birthday. Hope you had a great day!
Kindly, ldh

Susan B said...

Dear Dallas,
Happy, Happy Birthday!! I hope the day is very lovely, and you enjoy every minute of it!

Lady Farmer said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!
Happy,Happy Day!

Dee said...

Happy Birthday to you ... Happy Birthday to you ... Happy Birthday ... God Bless You ... Happy Birthday to YOU!!! I hope you have a birthday filled with fun and blessings. Dee

susansspace said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dallas! Hope it is a wonderful day (& year) for you! I'm so happy to have met you here in 'bloggyland'!
Your blog is definitely a blessing to others.
To God be the glory!
Susan

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! GOD BLESS YOU!
Your friend in Christ,
Bren

Gloria said...

Well, Happy Birthday! It is so neat that it is your birthday because my birthday was Monday, the 9th! I will confess that I am 46 this year. I like amethyst too.

The poety is beautiful. May God use us for His glory the rest of our days.
Blessings,
Gloria
http://gloriainexcelsisdeoblog.blogspot.com

~~Deby said...

Happy Birthday to a dear blogger who lets her light shine here in blogland..hope it is wonderful.
Deby

Gloria said...

Happy Birthday! My birthday was Monday the 9th. I like your poetry. May we be used of God for His purposes and His glory.
Have a blessed week,
Gloria
http://gloriainexcelsisdeoblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I hope it was a good one.

Lady Laura said...

Have a happy and blessed birthday!

Abounding Treasures said...

Ladies,

I was touched to see so many birthday wishes when I logged into my blog :o)

You have all made me feel special by all that you have shared of your own lives during the past 15 months in Blogland and I'm so happy that I've *met* each and every one of you!!

Blessings,
Dallas

TO BECOME said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR DALLAS.

I know that you have added much to my life this year and for that I am very thankful. Thank you for coming to visit me even when I could not come visit you. You have lifted my spirits several times over the last weeks. Thank you so much.

I hope you have had a very happy Valentine's Day!!! connie

Geli said...

A very, very Happy Birthday to you!! YAY! I just had a birthday on the 8th of February ... close to you!

I pray that your new year in life will be filled to overflowing with joy, with the fulfillment of your God given dreams, hopes and visions ... that it would be the best year you've ever had!

Abounding Treasures said...

Connie & Angelika,

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to wish me a Happy Birthday ~ that means a lot to me :o)

Blessings to both of you,
Dallas