He asked if I had finished the afghan that I was making for our daughter and I responded that I hadn't.
He then asked me why I have other crocheting projects on the go if I'm not finished . . .
My response was that I have 3 things being worked on because there is something in me that really enjoys something that doesn't take too long to finish [like dishcloths] in addition to working on something that takes ages to finish [like the afghan].
This baby blanket that I'm working on at the same time, fits somewhere in between :o)
This is the mauve-purple afghan I've been working on for my daughter.
She wanted one that was more like a blanket so she can use it for company if they have to sleep on her couch and that's why I chose a simple double stitch.
Blessings,
15 comments:
These are very lovely!
Your projects are beautiful!
I have several projects going at all times. My problem is that sometimes they never get finished because I have found something new and exciting to do. :~O
Have a pleasant day!
I'm the same way Dallas. I think most crocheters are.
Hi, I love the purple afghan. i also like your cards in your Etsy shop. You are very talented my friend. Dee
I always have lots of projects going at one time. I might have an apron cut out, flannel handkerchiefs waiting to be hemmed, a yarn rug to work on while I watch Mayberry RFD, a doily in my lunch box I take with me in the car, a hem in a skirt.....maybe that means I'm frazzled, but I like to have something different to choose from. Sometimes I don't feel like crocheting, but I feel like doing beads, or a hem, or an apron.
I'm with you, Dallas! There are two works-in-progress on my desk at the moment, plus a completed mosaic project waiting to be grouted. It's much more fun to alternate(like you said) between the short-term & the longer-term projects!
The afghan is a beautiful color!
I'll bet your daughter's really going to enjoy it!
Happy weekend!
Susan
I too like faster results...I had a friend that loved to mow her lawn for that reason...it was something she could do...and see her results and it brought her that sense of accomplishment....
it is nice to have several things to work on so you don't get bored..think we are all like that..
Deby
Dear Dallas, may I join your "oddball club"? I'm sorry to say that I routinely have more than one sewing project going at once. Why? Well, I'm not sure. Sometimes I have to stop one project because I'm waiting to buy something needed to finish it (like buttons or a special trim I ordered over the Internet, or maybe I'm just waiting for my next trip to the fabric store). Right now I put a beautiful blue jacket on hold to work on a lovely ivory blouse. I probably should have finished the jacket first, but I was so excited about lovely new fabric I bought that I just HAD to start the blouse RIGHT AWAY.
I feel a bit guilty about that, but I will try to take your advice and just enjoy the creative process. Sewing makes me so happy. I just love the peaceful, quiet time I spend in my sewing room!
Your baby blanket is exquisite, and I just love the color of the afghan. What a luxury to sleep under something so beautiful!
Have a blessed weekend, dear Dallas. I have to get back to work on this blouse. I am determined to finish BOTH the blouse and the jacket this weekend!
Trinity Mommy,
Welcome to my blog and thanks for the compliment :o)
***
Lady Farmer,
You made me chuckle when you said that sometimes they NEVER get done because you've found something new and exciting :o)
***
Tracy,
That's good to hear and I just told my husband the gist of these comments so now he knows that I'm not as *odd* as he might have thought :o)
***
Dee,
Thanks and thanks again :o)
I just bought some stamps with sentiments that I can use on my cards in a lovely script so I'm having lots of fun making more!
***
Mobunny,
You sound like an unbelievable *multi-tasker* ... I love having something portable that can keep me busy when I'm out and about too or waiting somewhere :o)
***
Susan,
Good to hear!
I'd love to see a picture of your mosaic project ~ you should post it on your blog for all of us to enjoy :o)
***
Deby,
I can understand your friend wanting to see a work accomplished and mowing her lawn is a great example of that!
My kitchen table right now is covered with my card making stuff and after a bit of blogging, I'm back to those :o)
***
Miss Linda,
Thank you for your sweet comments and the compliment on the baby blanket :o)
I wish you success in finishing the lovely ivory blouse AND the beautiful blue jacket this weekend ~ let me know if you managed it :o)
~*~
Blessings to all of you this day,
Dallas
Dallas,
Your projects are so beautiful! I agree when you have short term and long term projects, it's nice to work on both and get a sense of accomplishment when you finish with the short term projects...since the long term project usually takes so long!
Have a lovely weekend!
Susan,
Thanks for your sweet compliments and I'm so glad that I'm not quite the *oddball* that I thought I was ~ it seems I am in excellent company with virtually ALL of my commenters!
Blessings,
Dallas
What beautiful work Mrs.D!
I love the colors you chose....and your tension is beautiful!!! That's something I have to work on... I love to crotchet but usually my tension can be pretty bad. :) I think I hold my yarn a little tight...hehe :) oh well, that's something I need to work on! If only I had you for a teacher.....that would be nice! :)
Blessings~Miss Jen
Miss Jen,
My daughter is doing her living room with accents of purple, green and beige as someone gave her a beige couch and 1 wall in her new apartment was already green when she moved in ~ she wanted a pattern that was *close* and like a blanket so that's why I chose a basic double stitch ... it'll be warm.
Your tension will come with practice :o)
Blessings and thanks for your sweet compliments :o)
I agree with you. Sometimes you just don't want to work on the same thing. Or if something is challenging... sometimes you want something a little more simple. Other times, you may crave a challenge.
Charlene,
Exactly :o)
I couldn't have said it any better!
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment