Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Details Count

Cyndy Szekeres

"The Christian faith is meant to be lived moment by moment.
It isn't some broad, general outline --
-- it's a long walk with a real Person.

Details count:
passing thoughts,
small sacrifices,
a few encouraging words,
little acts of kindness,
brief victories over nagging sins.

~ Joni Eareckson Tada ~

14 comments:

sherry said...

So often we're overwhelmed by the 'big picture' rather than the intimate moment by moments you shared. Lovely. :o)

oh, and the picture you used is just too sweet.

Deborah said...

Amen! Great quote.

Cathy said...

A neat post ~ thanks

HOPE said...

I have a book by Cyndy Szekeres that was my daughters when small. I love her art work.

Thank you for sharing these great thoughts.

HOPE

Abounding Treasures said...

Cathy,

You're welcome :o)

***

Hope,

I love Cyndy Szekeres' art too and we used to have a couple of them as well but also borrowed lots of them from the library!

If you have an original book, it's probably worth a fair bit now because they are out of print as far as I can tell.

~*~

Blessings to both of you,
Dallas

Jack's Mommy said...

There was a little plaque in my "Country Sampler" magazine I was reading tonight that said

"Pay attention to the little moments in life, for one day you will look back and realize they were the big ones."

It was very poignant. :0)

I love that little mousy picture too. It reminds me of a cute little children's book we have called "Christopher Churchmouse".

Abounding Treasures said...

Lisa,

That quote in your Country Sampler magazine IS very poingnant :o)

If you ever find any of Cyndy Szekeres' books, you'll love them for your children ~ the illustrations [as the one here] are just adorable :o)

HOPE said...

I did a search and only found a small board book version. Mine is a heavier board book. Baby Bear's Surprise printed in 1984. Guess I'll be holding on to this one! My daughter picked this out on a "reward" day shopping trip and I've kept it in good condition since. A treasure!

HOPE

Susan B said...

Dallas,
This is so true, it is the little things in life that make up our life...so they are very important! Wonderful quote, and a sweet picture.

Thank you for the sweet comments you made on my blog.

Abounding Treasures said...

Hope,

Definitely hold on to that special book that you still have. Not only is it worth more than you paid for it way back when, but it will be a special treasure for your grandchildren ...

***

Susan,

It is so very true ~ often we're waiting for the *big* things to happen while life is happening all around us and we miss the special little things that seem so commonplace but really arent'!

The *100 Things About You* post was fun to read :o)

~*~

Blessings to both of you,
Dallas

Mo said...

I also love Cyndy S. and her art. We still have a sort of a word book she wrote and I put Spanish words to it trying to learn vocabulary!

Abounding Treasures said...

Mobunny,

We used to get a lot of her word and number books from the library when my children were little and we all just loved the art :o)

Mrs. E said...

What RICH words! :)
Doesn't Mrs.Eareckson have such a way of putting things?!! :) What a testimony she is to the Lord of steadfastness even in the midst of great difficulty! Several years ago I read her biography... and what a blessing it was!! I wept, cried and laughed what a dear Christian saint she is!!!Thank you for sharing this powerful quote!!!!

Blessings~ Miss Jen

Abounding Treasures said...

Miss Jen,

I feel the same way about Joni Earkeckson Tada and am encouraged by her trust in the Lord ~ such an example for me and all of us!

Blessings to you,
Dallas