Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Very Special Birthday Gift -- UPDATE

courtesy of AllPosters.com

For my birthday, my husband and I went out to dinner
at our favourite Chinese restaurant
and we are SO predictable that the waitress put in our order
BEFORE she came to our table to ask us!

We had a very special time, all by ourselves
and it was a good thing that we decided to stick with
what we knew to be delicious,
for the sake of the waitress :o)

I had several birthday greetings from loved ones,
but the most special of all was one that the Lord gave me,
in the form of a telephone conversation.

None of those involved even realized
that it was my birthday at the time of the phone call.

Only the Lord knew how special
that phone call would be to me
and Oh! How I thank Him for it :o)


Blessings,
UPDATE: I was touched by how many wonderful and caring blog friends left Birthday greetings and I apologize for not being able *at the time* to respond to each one personally . . .

Please accept this as MY THANKS :o)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and thank you for your beautiful blog site. Your children will treasure these gems of wisdom and testimonies of God's goodnes. What a wonderful legacy.
Karen

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday AND Happy Valentine's Day!

Lady Farmer said...

"Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father...."
James 1:17
:~}

Tracy said...

What a wonderful time!

sherry said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary. :o)

We have a favorite Chinese restaurant as well. They know us by name and what we'll order. There's a certain comfort in predictability, hm?

Aliene said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you and your husband had a good day together.
Stop by sometimes and say hello!

the voice of melody said...

Glad you enjoyed such a delicious birthday dinner! Happiest birthday wishes!

Susan B said...

Dear Dallas,
That is so funny about the waitress at the restaurant!! Too cute! I'm so glad you had a lovely birthday, especially the blessing of phones calls from loved ones!! God bless.

Beth in NC said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday Dallas! Especially a precious gift from the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a special restaurant where you are known so well! I'm so happy you had a wonderful birthday evening! I hope your week is a joyful, happy one, dear Dallas!

Abounding Treasures said...

Karen,

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments.

If you have a blog of your own, let me know so I can repay the visit :o)

***

Cathy,

Thanks :o)

***

Lady Farmer,

Amen :o)

***

Lady Jane,

Yes, there really is :o)

***

Aliene,

Thanks for those wishes and I'll be over soon :o)

***

Melody,

Thanks! It was scrumptious but very filling!

***

Susan,

The waitress was *relieved* that we didn't order something out of the ordinary ... we only go there about 4-5 times a year so I'd say she's got an extraordinary memory!

***

Beth,

I was thankful beyond words when I received one particular phone call :o)

***

Linda,

Thanks for your sweet wishes! Yes, it's great being known at our favourite restaurant but I think it's more the waitress' excellent memory since we don't go there all that often :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you and may your week ahead be a splendid one!
Dallas

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Happy Birthday and how wonderful for God to bless you with such a loving husband and a wonderful day!

Kristi said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday! It sounds as though you were truly blessed. I'm glad.

Happy belated birthday wishes!

~Kristi

Abounding Treasures said...

Julie & Kristi,

Thanks for the birthday wishes from both of you :o)

Blessings,
Dallas

Gloria said...

Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. I'm glad you had a nice dinner with your sweetie. Aren't husbands great??
I'm glad you had a sale on your Etsy shop. I hope and pray that you do very well there!
Blessings,
Gloria

Abounding Treasures said...

Gloria,

Husbands are great!

I have just added 2 more items to my Etsy shop ...

Thanks for stopping by :o)