- Memories of 3 little ones starting school and climbing aboard the big yellow school bus.
- Two little brothers playfighting in the yard but always sticking up for each other at other times.
- A little girl having tea parties and playing with her dog or helping plant flowers.
- Taking photos in the front yard of that same little girl for her Senior Prom and Graduation.
- Families of deer nibbling at the shrubs in my neighbour's front yard .... sure that they were planted just for them.
- Watching the mailman deposit letters from loved ones in my old-fashioned mailbox at the end of the driveway.
- Waving good-bye as my husband left for various jobs over the years.
- Seeing familiar faces come to call, bringing a smile to my lips and joy to my heart.
- Tears filling my eyes as I have watched loved ones leave our home for the last time, returning to their homes far away and always hoping that one day, we'll be reunited.
Blessings,

11 comments:
Hi,I love this post. It took me back to the many special windows i have had in my life. Views of my kids, pets, neighbors, sunsets and sunrises and even a few scary storms. I now have another new window in my life, with an occasional grandchild running by, lots of wild life, but the same beautiful sunsets and sunrises. Dee
Dallas,
There are several windows in my home that I love to look out of. My sweetest moment is when my son calls to me and tells me to look at the deer in the yard. The deer seem so at peace in our yard. Sometimes we can walk softly near where they are. My son, Caleb thinks they are beautiful. I am thankful God has allowed us to see the simple and beautiful things in life together as a family. God is so wonderful.
God bless you.
Your's in Christ,
Bren
Dee,
Memories of those windows past and present sound precious!
I can remember watching a few dreadful snowstorms and rain showers from my windows too!
***
Bren,
What a delightful memory of when Caleb calls you to watch the deer!
We can see them here too from time to time but never have been able to walk softly anywhere near where they are ... how blessed you've been to be able to do that!
Sweet memories!
My window is also the kitchen window, which faces my backyard. Lots of sweet memories from there as well.
~Kristi
Dallas,
Time goes so fast!
My window view has changed over the years. Simply because we have moved some. I have watched my children grow and seen friends come and go. Watched the seasons change and different animals.
The lasting memory in all of this is that the Lord was watching me through all this.
Miriam
p.s.- I decided to put these words on my blog to remind of God's goodness not any other reason. Thank for your post it added to my count my blessings from our Lord.
Kristi,
How delightful and precious :o)
***
Miriam,
What a wonderful reminder to put on your blog ~ that as you looked out all the different windows in your life at varying scenes, the Lord was watching over you every single minute :
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Dear Dallas,
This was a sweet, touching post. It's wonderful to have so many lovely memories. I have many too, of watching my kids grow up, usually watching from our front window. I still look out watching my youngest daughter drive off to work or school. Thank you.
Good Morning Dallas. I really appreciate this post and how it took me back as well. Just kind of makes me feel sad. I miss those days when the girls were much younger. It just seems that life was so much easier and simpler then. Thank you for this special moment. Blessings, Cathryn
Susan,
Thanks :o)
Aren't memories wonderful?! It's amazing how the Lord has given us our own personal *camera in our heart* so that we capture moments that have affected us deeply and can relive them at any time!
***
Cathryn,
You are so very welcome! I miss those days sometimes as well because in so many ways, they were simpler ...
But time has a way of marching on and I keep having to remind myself that although times are more complicated now, I still have the very same God looking over me and keeping me.
He is always beside me waiting for me to acknowledge my need of the moment -- it's me who keeps Him at *arm's length* so to speak, sometimes :o(
~*~
Blessings to each of you as your day unfolds,
Dallas
Oh such a lovely blog, I have enjoyed reading it, and to God be the glory, may we all share our blogs with the world, and may they see Christ in us.
God bless you as you serve him where you are.
Barbara,
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your encouraging words!
That is what I pray for ~ that a little of Christ's love will shine through my blog :o)
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment