I am so excited and it's all because I booked my return trip to go across the country in April.In addition to visiting family as well as friends from days gone by, I am most especially thrilled to be meeting my newest grandson for the very 1st time! He'll be 6 months old by then and lots of fun :o)
I'm really looking forward to spending time with his 3+ yr old brother ~ cuddling & reading, playing cars on the floor, playing hide & seek, going for walks, baking cookies together, etc.
Basically, ALL the delightful activities that grandmas usually do with their grandchildren, but which I've NEVER had the opportunity to do!
We'll have memories of treasured times and lots of pictures of us together ... they will help him remember who I am once I've returned home and they will bring me times of pleasure just looking at them and reminiscing!
It will also serve as an extra blanket for overnight guests [like ME the times that I stay there] or to keep her warm and cozy when she's reading a good book or writing in her journal.
My plan is to take the completed afghan with me, so that means I better get moving and work on it as many days and evenings as I can ~ ~ I remind myself that it's better to have it finished long before I go rather than just in the nick of time!!
We had really hoped to find some yarn that was multi-coloured with the beige, purple and green that she's going to use, but couldn't ... the painting that her brother did for her will look beautiful in her living room as it has those very colours :o)
Blessings,

23 comments:
As a Nana myself, I can sure hear the excitement in your post...and I am happy for you Dallas....lots of crocheting ahead to be sure..all done with lots of love.
Deby
God bless you, Dallas. I know your daughter is going to love the afghan! I sure would! Your grandchildren are so beautiful! It will be such a sweet reunion when you get to hold them in your arms. God bless you richly in all your travels. You are such a blessing to me. Thank you for your encouraging words, they are very much appreciated.
Your sister in Christ,
Bren
Deby,
I guess it does SHOUT a little, doesn't it? :o)
I can procrastinate so I need to get a head start and be finished ahead of time so that I don't panic near my departure date and it'll make taking it a lot easier than a gigantic ball of yarn!
***
Bren,
Thanks so much for your sweet words of encouragement to me ~ I really treasure them!
I can hardly wait to hold those 2 precious grandsons in my arms and to cuddle and kiss them -- to inhale their baby & toddler scents and to treasure each and every moment I have with them.
LOTS of pix are planned :o)
~*~
Blessings to you both,
Dallas
I'm excited for you!! (o:
Dallas,
I love your afghan, grandchildren are the greatest gift. I have 4 afghans that my mother made for me and several quilts and a quilt that Steve's mother made and one that Steve's grandmother made....everytime I look at those or cover up with the afghan I have wonderful memeories of my Mother and others. Thanks God for thoughtful Mothers.
Hugs
Polly
I am most likely a long way away from having grandchildren at the moment, but I couldn't help but get excited for you as I read your post. Your grandchildren will be so happy to see you come and so sad to see you leave. I just know it.
The afghan sounds nice. I'm sure you'll finish in time.
~Kristi
Dear Dallas -
I am so excited for you! I know you are going to love every minute with your darling grandchildren. Being a grandma is so much fun! The afghan will be a special treasure, for sure.
~Adrienne~
Dallas, I am so excited for you!!!
How fun, I know you are such a great grandmother and so much fun. Wish they lived closer to you but this way you will also see others, which should be oodles of fun. Have fun anticipating it.
Hugs to you today.
Michele,
Thanks :o)
***
Polly,
I know what you mean! We have 2 old quilts that were made by my husband's grandmother and they are treasured :o)
***
Kristi,
As I said to Deby in the 1st post at top ~ I guess my *voice* did kind of shout my joy!
I know all about being sad when someone is leaving but I always told my children when they were little and cried when my Mom went back home on the plane -- would they rather have never seen her? Of course they shouted NO - so I reminded them that being sad is all part of being able to enjoy her visit.
May the Lord help me to REMEMBER that when I'm the one going through it :o)
***
Adrienne,
Thanks! I'm so looking forward to it even with the sadness of saying good-bye at the end of the visit :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you and thanks for all your sweet comments,
Dallas
Thanks Noreen!
I don't even know if I know how to be a good Grandma or not ... time will tell when I'm in the real situation :o)
It will be lots of fun anticipating this trip! The dilemma for me is deciding what to take since I usually take more clothes than I ever need!
Blessings,
Dallas
That is just wonderful, Dallas. Now you REALLY can't wait for spring, can you. Your little grandsons are just darling. And the throw looks so pretty. I am happy for you.
Dallas,
How exciting to love on and kiss on your grandbabies! You are a grandmother and have every right to get excited! I hope your trip and your plans up to that day are filled with God's presence.
You know what this made me think about? How much rejoicing will be when our Heavenly Father calls us home!(I hope not right now for there are still so many that are lost and need Jesus) I am sure He will get excited too!
Please do post your pics of your precious grandbabies and post your daughter's afghan that you are making.
Blessings to you,
Miriam
p.s.Any helpful crochet books? I am trying to teach myself knitting and crocheting.
Mrs. D,
How exciting.... you must be overjoyed that you are going to see, hold and cuddle your grandchildren! ;)
Also, wishing you many happy hours of crocheting!!
Blessings in Christ,
Miss Jen
Dear Dallas ~
How very exciting!! I know you will enjoy each day in the meantime while you work on the afghan and anticipate this visit. You will have so much fun with these two precious little ones and all the others you get to spend time with too! April is really not that far off! I am so happy for you!!
Sweet blessings,
Sharon
I'm so excited for you! And what a nice gift to bring . . . something that your daughter will cherish forever.
That sounds so wonderful! I'm excited for you!
Love,
Beth
What a blessing for you to be able to go to see your daughter and your grandbabies!
So exciting!
Dear Dallas, I am so happy for you. It will be a wonderful visit seeing your family and getting to play with those two precious little ones. I'm sure you will be anticipating your trip with each stitch you crochet.
I appreciated your post about your extended time getting the car repaired and the reminder of how important it is to have that quiet time with Him.
Kindly, ldh
Cathy,
You're exactly right :o)
***
Miriam,
What a delightful picture of the rejoicing that will take place in Heaven when we are finally at home with our Saviour ...
Check out Youtube.com ~ there are sometimes easy to follow crochet videos there.
An older woman taught me many years ago but she was RH and I am left-handed so I really had to learn to switch everything around on my own :o)
***
Miss Jen,
I am and thanks for the blessings on my hours of crocheting :o)
***
Sharon,
April will be here before I know it, especially with my 4th annual post transplant check-up in early March ... I am so looking forward to it and will see how the Lord opens things up with regard to visiting some of my friends from long ago!
***
Julie,
Thanks! That's what I hoped about the afghan ~ not only will it serve a decorative purpose but will keep her warm and cozy and remind her long after I'm gone, of how much I love her :o)
***
Beth,
Thanks so much!
***
Mrs Rabe,
It truly is and my Mom also lives there as well as my sister and her family and a brother that I haven't seen for over 11 years!
It's also where I went to high school so one of my very oldest and dearest friends lives there too!
All in all, a wonderful trip!
***
LDH,
Yes it will :o)
The importance of that quiet time with Him is something I *know* but still, in my haste and my physical hunger, I made a choice that wasn't good for me :o(
~*~
My appreciation to each one of you who've taken the time to rejoice with me in this upcoming trip and what it means to me!
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Hi Dallas, I just stumbled across your blog and thought I'd say lovely blog! Keep up the good work, you are providing a great resource for ladies on the internet.
Bless.... Melina :-)
http://theartofbeingfeminine.blogspot.com/
Dallas,
How wonderful! I'm very excited for you getting to visit your daughter and grandchildren! I'm sure the afghan you are making will be beautiful, and she will love it.
How exciting for you! Enjoy those grandchildren...they grow up SO fast! I can attest to that! But those special memories you make with them now will last throughout their lives.
Blessings,
Susan
Melina,
Welcome and thanks!
***
Susan B,
Thanks for your good wishes ~ I'm so excited ...
I was going to try a new pattern for the afghan but have finally decided to stick to some simple stitches that I know and do it that way ~
***
Susan,
I will, as much as I can because I know how short my time is and how fast they'll grow ~ I'm thankful the memories we make together will last their whole lives!
~*~
Blessings to the three of you,
Dallas
Post a Comment