"All human life is a gift from our Creator that is sacred, unique, and worthy of protection. On National Sanctity of Human Life Day, our country recognizes that each person, including every person waiting to be born, has a special place and purpose in this world. We also underscore our dedication to heeding this message of conscience by speaking up for the weak and voiceless among us . . .
If you haven't already heard about it or seen it, now seems an appropriate time to tell you about *BELLA*, a wonderful movie NOW available on DVD that portrays the same high regard for human life.Below is a short video clip of the movie's star and producer speaking about what transpired in his heart a few years ago that led him to desire to make this movie.
"I think it's a wonderful tool to use it to spread the word not only about adoption, but family, life, the dignity of the human person, the dignity of life, Christian values and forgiveness, hope and redemption," Verastegui said.
"That's my hope as a producer that ... after seeing Bella ... (viewers) will leave with a candle in their heart, they will leave wanting to love more and judge less. They will leave wanting to forgive more and complain less, they will leave inspired to adopt, inspired to use their talents to serve others and to make a difference. They will leave wanting to be a better person."
The following are some questions asked of Eduardo by reporters:
What was the defining moment of your life?
"When I moved to Los Angeles, I hired an English teacher. This young lady happened to be a very devout Christian who not only taught me English but also changed my life because she started questioning a lot of things in my life.
For example, she asked, “Eduardo, what is the purpose of life? Who is guiding your life? Do you know your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit?” I believe this young lady was the answer to my mother’s prayers.
Six months later, I realized that she was pretty much right in everything. And I remember that day. Everything changed in my life because I went to my knees, started crying, and asking God to forgive me.
The good news is that God not only forgave me, but he changed my heart, made me a new man. He became the center of my life, my Savior, my boss, my manager, my father, the center of my life, my redeemer, my creator, my everything.
I promised Him that I would never compromise my faith anymore. I would never use my talents for anything that would offend Him. I knew I wasn’t born to be a movie star or to be famous or to be a producer. I was born to know and to love and to serve Jesus Christ."
This commitment to not compromise your beliefs in your professional life — it cost you a lot. What price have you had to pay?
At that time, 5 years ago, I wanted to leave Hollywood. I was afraid to be there because Hollywood is the capital of temptation. I wanted to give 2 years of my life and just detach myself from all the dreams that I had. I wanted to go to Brazil, to the jungle, to do missionary work. I wanted to discern what God has for me.
I told my friend that. He looked at me and said, “Hold on. Hollywood is a bigger jungle. It doesn’t belong to the studios, it belongs to God, and we need to take it back. So don’t run away, don’t escape; this is where you need to be." He convinced me to stay.
For 4 years, I couldn’t work because the offers I was receiving were exactly the thing I didn’t want to do because it required me to compromise. I didn’t have money to pay my rent. I was broke, but I had so much peace in my heart and joy and serenity and happiness.
I decided to be the light in the darkness, and that’s when I was inspired to open this production company (Metanoia Films). And you know what? There’s nothing more beautiful than waking up in the morning and fighting for something that you believe is bigger than yourself.
CLICK HERE for a wonderful interview about Bella and Edoardo with the American Family Association Journal.
10 comments:
Oh wow! I want to see the movie!!!
Thanks for posting!
Love,
Beth
Beth,
You will love it :o)
Thank you for posting this! I hope it will be available on dvd soon, it sounds great! It's so good to see that there are a few actors not only willing to stand for what they believe but to try to influence others with their talents.
Dear Dallas,
Thank you so much for sharing this! Truly we are a new creation in Christ! This young man is so inspiring, and has a wonderful testimony of the saving (and changing) power of Christ in his life. I enjoyed watching and reading the interview so much, and hope to see the film.
Blessings, Paula
P.S. I hope you are feeling better from your fall! I was so sorry to read about that. Also, thank you for sharing the Charles Spurgeon excerpt. I am always blessed by his writings.
I hadn't heard about this movie, thanks for sharing about it. :)
Deborah,
It's available on DVD now ... [I added that note to the post] as I think it was filmed in 2007.
It was wonderful hearing how the Lord saved him, especially considering the religious background he was raised in.
***
Paula,
Thanks for asking! The swelling in my shin has gone down but it's the pain in all my leg muscles as a result of the fall that's causing difficulty now. At least there were no broken bones!
You will truly be blessed by this movie, now on DVD -- just take into consideration the background of the person in the movie, etc.
~*~
Blessings to both of you,
Dallas
PS: All our family have watched BELLA and been blessed by it.
It wasn't until after seeing it a 2nd time that I found this interview online and was amazed and so happy to know that the lead actor had trusted Christ as his Saviour and had crowned him Lord of his life!!
Mrs.D,
I've been wanting to see this movie but have not got around to it. Now after your great recommendation I look forward to making an effort to definitely see it. How wonderful also that President Bush declared yesterday as National Sanctity of Human Life Day! What a wonderful way for him to stand for truth before leaving the White House.Thanks for sharing.
Blessings in Christ,
Miss Jen
P.S.
BTW... I did a post on housekeeping today and included your link about the book (Treasury of Vintage Homekeeping Skills) in the post.
Thank you for being such a godly inspiration in my life! It has been a blessing to meet you. ;)
Thank you for telling me about this movie. I hadn't heard of it so I will watch for it now. I was unaware that President Bush had proclaimed a National Sanctity of Human Life day. We must pray that President-Elect Obama will change his views on stem cell research and the sanctity of life. He is apparently considering the reinstatement of a policy to permit federal funding of pro-choice programs. President Bush banned this policy as his very first executive order when he took office eight years ago.
Dallas,
I am happy that you posted this! I have heard Eduardo's testimony before and hope to watch the dvd!
Out from worldly icon to a vessel of God's pour out His truths!
I think it is wonderful.
We know it is the enemy that is tageting our most defenseless, beautiful unborn babies. Life of all ages is to be valued and cherished!
Thank you, again.
Miriam
p.s.- are you feeling any better?
Miss Jen,
I'm sure you'll love it. It was a wonderful thing for Mr Bush to do just before he left office ~ I wish some of our Canadian politicians would have the courage to do the same!
Thanks for the link on your housekeeping post :o)
And it has been a blessing to *meet* you too ~ your blog is an encouragement to all who visit it!
***
Miss Linda,
I'm sure you'll enjoy it and how sad that those programs might be re-instated :o(
***
Miriam,
When I saw BELLA, I had no idea who Eduardo was ... it wasn't until I saw this video interview that I checked online to find out more and as you say, out from *worldly icon* to a vessel of God to help show forth His truths in his life and art :o)
The swelling has gone down but unfortunately the fall and impact has made the muscles in the top part of my leg very sore so that's unfortunate -- but at least there were no broken bones!
~*~
Blessings to all of you,
Dallas
Post a Comment