Thursday, January 8, 2009

Do You Ever Feel BLAH?

















As I was driving to 3 places today to do various errands, I kept wondering why I felt so *BLAH* and whether others ever feel that way, for no apparent reason?

I didn't seem to have energy bursting forth like I usually do. I felt sort of tired even though I slept the same amount of hours as I usually do.

I just didn't feel like doing anything productive around the house although there were all sorts of jobs that could have been done!

Oh well, I take comfort in the fact that tomorrow is another day ...

Instead I did what had to be done and then once everything was ready to cook for supper and the potatoes were baking in the oven, I sat in my favourite chair in the living room and finished a wonderful little story that Michele of Whatsoever Things Are Lovely had recommended on her blog late last year called The Honor Girl by Grace Livingston Hill.

I was fortunate enough to find a copy online at Thriftbooks.com, an absolutely fabulous used bookstore that provides excellent service and unbelievably inexpensive prices!!

I paid only 1 CENT for the book but the shipping and handling cost me $6.50 because I live in Canada! It's only $3.50 to the USA!! When browsing, you can choose from several copies with their condition listed and from my several purchases, they have been honest :o)

They have oodles of copies of Emilie Barnes' books as well as Elizabeth George and Grace Livingston Hill . . . you can even purchase a Gift Card for special occasions where you're not sure what book the recipient would enjoy!

Blessings,




Picture by Carl Vilhelm Holsoe

15 comments:

HOPE said...

I hope you feel better Dallas. I have had those days...and found that taking Evening Primrose made a huge difference. I have to take RX prenatal vitamins for fatigue issues. I do hope you find the answer if this continues. It can be very trying on you physically and spiritually.

Praying for you tonight..
HOPE

Abounding Treasures said...

Hope,

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone :o)

Fortunately, I felt much better after supper and have no idea why I felt like that all day!

I hope it doesn't happen too often...

Blessings,
Dallas

Cathryn said...

Unfortunately I do have these feelings every day ~ I don't like them but I've grown accustomed to them and just keep going ~ for the most part. Mine stem from two autoimmune diseases (fibro and hypothyroidism). I just have to roll with it. But if you don't usually feel this way you were probably just having a random off day. Blessings Cathryn

Anonymous said...

That feeling happens to all of us upon occasion. I'm glad it didn't seem to last long for you though. (o:

And thanks for the link to the bookstore--inexpensive books, YES!!

Blessings....
Michele

TO BECOME said...

Maybe God just wanted you to take the day a little slower and He knew that if you felt really good as usual then you wouldn't, well, maybe. Anyway, hope tomorrow is a bright shiny day for you. connie

Abounding Treasures said...

Cathryn,

Sorry to hear that you feel like that most days! It's great that you are able to *go with the flow* throughout your days for the most part though :o)

I have had hypothyroidism since age 12 but once I started meds, it never bothered me like that.

***

Michele,

You're welcome! I'm so thankful it didn't last past yesterday too!

***

Connie,

I'm a little slow ... I hadn't thought of that :o)

BTW -- Today is *literally* sunny out and I wonder sometimes if that doesn't have something to do with it on occasion?

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

Kristi said...

Oh girlie, you are not along in the blah world. I have felt like that MORE than once!

I'll have to check out that bookstore! Sounds like you can find some good deals there.

~Kristi

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Hope you are feeling better. Have you ever read "First We Have Coffee" by Margaret Jensen? Another one of those wonderful books.

Abounding Treasures said...

Kristi,

I'm glad that I'm not alone :o) Have fun browsing that online 2nd hand bookstore!

***

Julie,

I am thanks :o)

Interestingly enough, I found an old copy of just that book a few months ago at one of our Thrift Stores and am looking forward to reading it!

~*~

Blessings to both of you,
Dallas

Anonymous said...

Oh Dallas you MUST read But First We Have Coffee--it is WONDERFUL!!

Abounding Treasures said...

Michele,

With this 2nd recommendation for the same book, it'll be my next choice!

Susan B said...

Dallas,
I'm glad you are feeling better! I think we all have blah days, I know I do. Thank you to the link to Thrift Books. It looks like a great place to get books! I agree with Julie Fink and Michele about the Margaret Jensen book. It is wonderful!

Abounding Treasures said...

Susan,

I am too! I hope I don't have very many of them ...

You will love Thrift Books - they may not always have the exact titles you want, but they do have a good selection which is always being added to and they are CHEAP and the shipping isn't too bad.

I finised Chapter 1 of FIRST WE HAVE COFFEE this afternoon and I'm already hooked ... I've heard nothing but good things about it!

Blessings,
Dallas

Jodi said...

Oh, I do love a good used bookstore! :o) Beautiful Holsoe painting; he's one of my favorites.

Abounding Treasures said...

Jodi,

I trust that you are feeling well and I know what you mean ~ I LOVE used bookstores, in person or online, they're all great :o)

I love Holsoe's paintings!

Blessings,
Dallas