Thursday, January 8, 2009

Simple Blessings

I found this teeny-tiny vase many years ago in a Thrift Shop and it is just perfect to hold the few carnations left from the beautiful Christmas floral arrangement that my Mom had sent to us 2 weeks ago. Their lovely fragrance helps to make them one of my favourite flowers!

The small white doily is one that I crocheted last week as a gift for her along with some home baking that she has promised to eat *carefully* because she has diabetes :o)

They both went with my daughter via plane on Tuesday and IF she remembered to put them in the freezer when she arrived home, [the baked goods NOT the doily!!] they should taste fresh when she takes them over to Grandma's house!

Trust each of you are enjoying a splendid winter's day in your little corner of the world,

8 comments:

Cathy said...

That is so pretty and sweet, Dallas. I love little vases and flowers of course. The doily you made is precious.

Cathryn said...

Hi Dallas,

Well I'm glad your daughter lives close enough to grandma to visit! That has to be a comfort. You may have an award free blog but you are tops in my book. Blessings ~ Cathryn

HOPE said...

Precious arrangement! I am a great fan of Blue and White as you'll see in my blogging photos. The doily looks so sweet and I know your mom will cherish it!

A small thoughtful gift from the heart!

Blessings to you Dallas,
HOPE

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such a pretty little flower arrangement! Carnations last for so long, especially when you keep trimming the stem ends. I love doilies too!

Anonymous said...

Dallas,

The doily you crocheted is beautiful! What a sweet gift! I love the small bouquet of carnations too. Carnations are one of my favorite flowers and one of the things I love about them is that they last so long.

Many blessings,
Sharon

Abounding Treasures said...

Cathy,

Thanks! I do too :o)

***

Cathryn,

That is a huge comfort and thanks for your sweet thoughts :o)

***

Hope,

I love blue & white as well which is why I fell in love with this tiny vase when I saw it :o)

In her younger days, my mom was a pro at crocheting intricate doilies so she'll see that I'm at least *trying* :o)

***

LDH,

That another reason carnations are one of my faves! Doilies too, of various sizes and colours :o)

***

Sharon,

Thanks! A combination of their fragrance and their longevity makes carnations one of my very favourites :o)

***

To 'Miss Jen' of blessedfemina.blogspot.com,

I apologise for accidentally erasing your comment when I rejected one that a commenter had made twice :o(

Thanks for saying that you thought my mom would love the doily that I crocheted :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

Anonymous said...

Very Beautiful! I love that cute little vase. And that doily is wonderful! Good job!

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks Theresa!

Your *polenta* story made me chuckle out loud :o)

Blessings,
Dallas