cleanliness, order, regularity, beauty,
the conditions for health and safety,
and a good place to do and feel
all the things you wish and need
to do and feel in your home."
~ Cheryl Mendelson ~
*HOME COMFORTS*
The Art & Science of Keeping House
Here's my cozy spot for reading, crocheting and listening to my husband play guitar and sing some of his own lyrics :o)
This is where I curled up my feet yesterday afternoon under a warm blanket given to me by dear friends when I was very ill a few years ago. It has a lovely Thomas Kinkade scene woven into it.
In this room, both of us have surrounded ourselves with whatever makes us feel comfortable, cozy and content.
Just behind my chair, you can see part of 1 of my chiming clocks. I have another on a wall across the room and the only time I mind them is when I'm talking on the phone and they shout out the hour at the same moment!
Blessings,

the conditions for health and safety,
and a good place to do and feel
all the things you wish and need
to do and feel in your home."
~ Cheryl Mendelson ~
*HOME COMFORTS*
The Art & Science of Keeping House
Here's my cozy spot for reading, crocheting and listening to my husband play guitar and sing some of his own lyrics :o)This is where I curled up my feet yesterday afternoon under a warm blanket given to me by dear friends when I was very ill a few years ago. It has a lovely Thomas Kinkade scene woven into it.
In this room, both of us have surrounded ourselves with whatever makes us feel comfortable, cozy and content.
Just behind my chair, you can see part of 1 of my chiming clocks. I have another on a wall across the room and the only time I mind them is when I'm talking on the phone and they shout out the hour at the same moment!Blessings,

20 comments:
My, what a comfy corner! I have a blue glider chair w/footstool also, not as cushy-looking as yours, but a great place to prop my feet up.
Hope you're feeling better!
Blessings,
Susan
A nice quote, I need reflect on ~ Your place looks very comfortable.
Dallas,
It does look like a comfortable, warm place. The crocheted items are so pretty.
I have a mantle clock that chimes on the hour. Somedays when it chimes I think about Corrie ten Boom and how it must have been repairing watches and having different wall & mantle clocks chiming at the same time. Oh, my!
Miriam :)
Susan,
I probably have the very same glider and it's in our bedroom. I just decided to put the stool part in front of my chair so I have a place to prop my feet or as you can see, stack some of my crocheting :o)
***
Cathy,
She has several quotes that I've saved and appreciated and Thanks!
***
Miriam,
I know what you mean!
I've thought of her before as well and also one of my GR-grandfather's sisters back in England who I'm told had literally dozens of clocks all over her home so that it was almost a ritual for her and her husband to regularly wind them up!
For some reason, I've always loved CLOCKS, especially chiming clocks whose pendulums you can actually hear swinging, back and forth.
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Looks like a lovely a cosy spot! (o:
A cozy spot indeed!
Hi,
Happy New Year,
Been blessed by your testimony, posted at Lady Lydias blog. I prayed for your healing and am glad the Lord was gracious to you and your husband during that time. Blessings, Barbra
Michele & LDH,
It is :o)
The perfect spot, for me anyway, to curl up my feet to read or just to think and ponder or meditate!
***
Barbra,
Thanks so much for your sweet words and for your prayer ... I would have to echo the words of a song by Sara Groves called *He's always been faithful to me!"
~*~
Blessings to each of you for visiting and saying HELLO :o)
Dallas
Looks very cozy! I chose your site for an award that I received. I don't really care for awards either. I understand why you are a award free and tag free site. I hope you don't mind if I use the award free emblem. God bless you. I am learning much from your blog site.
Your sister in Christ,
Bren
Lovely blog. On the right, under "A Small House to Keep" the Susan Wheeler painting was on a birthday card I recently bought. I can't see it on the blog copy, but the card painting had on it Acts 4:12, which is the verse: "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." NIV
I looked for more on the author online and couldn't find much but it was a nice surprise to see this same picture on your blog.
Donna
What a beautiful cozy feeling room. I think anyone could just come and sit a spell and feel at home. I love rocker-gliders but don't own one. Thanks for sharing with us.
Hugs to you dear one.
Mrs.D,
What a cozy spot you have for reading and crocheting! I really enjoyed the quote! ;)
Would you recommend "Home Comforts" by Cheryl Mendelson? I have seen it before in the bookstore but was hesitant to buy it, because of having no recommendation yet. Any other books on housekeeping that you would recommend as well I would be most interested in! ;)
Blessings,
Miss Jen
Bren,
You are more than welcome to use the *Award Free - Tag Free* emblem and I appreciate your giving a link so that the reasons can be explained but it's not necessary :o)
Thanks for the thought though!
***
Donna,
Thanks!
I love Susan Wheeler's art! I found that picure online, I think at a site that made puzzles of all things :o)
***
Noreen,
Thanks!
The rocker-glider is in our bedroom but the footstool matched our living room furniture in colour so I decided it would be put to better use by my chair :o)
***
Miss Jen,
The quotes in the first part of the book are really great and the book seems to cover everything from A to Z on every aspect of keeping a house but from what I've read and heard, I think you would prefer *Treasury of Vintage Homekeeping Skills* by Martha H. Greene which can be viewed and order from this wonderful site:
http://www.marmeedear.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=192
***
Blessings to all of you,
Dallas
Dear Dallas ~
I love your cozy spot!!
I hope you have a lovely Lord's Day tomorrow!
Blessings,
Sharon
Dallas,
I love your cozy reading spot! It looks very comfortable, a nice place to snuggle up and read. We have a mantle clock that belonged to my grandparents. They received it as a gift when they got married in 1918. I really love it. It was passed down to me from my mother. It doesn't work anymore, but I hope someday I can get it fixed. I enjoyed listening to it when I used to stay with my grandmother years ago.
Sharon,
Thanks ~ I did :o)
***
Susan,
What a treasure that old mantle clock is that you have of your grandmother's! Even if you never get it to work, it's still very special in my mind :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
I got Home Comforts from the library not long after I was married. It was an overwhelming amount of information for a 4-week borrow! :)
Lizzy,
You can say that again!
I just browsed it because I figured after 29 years I guess I finally figured it out :o)
Blessings!
Dallas
I noted several items...looks like you collect? Sheilie wooden cutout houses? I have a collection. The sewn bunny...I have one exactly like this that my mother made years ago! and..I too own a Thomas Kincaid throw that has a wonderful memory with it as well..a suprise from my youngest son upon his return home from his time in USMC bootcamp.
Love your cozy spot..
HOPE
Hope,
Your wooden cut-out houses sound lovely!
The ones seen here are made of resin and are architecturally detailed miniatures that my husband bought me over the course of several years for Christmas and other special occasions.
I especially love the one of Anne of Green Gables because it's a well-loved series of books!
I got the pair of bunnies at a thrift shop for 1.00 each!
The memory attached to your Thomas Kinkade throw is so precious ~ what a treasure that must be!
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment