Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bittersweet ... Yes It Is

As a visitor said in a comment on my blog once upon a time, "Bittersweet. Yes it is."

Our daughter was home for an almost 2 week visit over Christmas. She slept in her *old* room. We had little squabbles as we've had before and we also had many special moments and memories to treasure, but it's never the same as before.

In the photo above she is shown going through security at the airport and I miss her all over again now that she returned to her *new* home on the other side of the country :o(

As you can probably sense, I am NOT a fan of change but I know it's necessary and healthy.

I will pray for her and ask the Lord to keep and preserve her and to help me leave her in His hands, since He knows best.

But, oh, how I will miss her!

15 comments:

Polly & Steve said...

I totally understand...it is never the same after they leave home. When they come home.....if they come home, its not the same, but you miss them alway!
Many Hugs
Polly and Steve

Anonymous said...

{{{Chocolate Hugs!!}}}}

Anonymous said...

Blessings and Hugs, Dallas! I pray for her protection, too!
Miriam :)

Cathy said...

I'm glad she could spend 2 weeks with you. I know you will miss her, and it is good to leave her in God's hands.

Anonymous said...

Dallas,

I know how you feel, but it is interesting that you can miss someone just as much as when they are a few miles away as hundreds! It is nice to care that much.

It is also so nice that we can keep in closer contact now with email and phone, a fact that I am reminded of as I peruse old diary entries and letters and post cards that Grandma and Great Grandma wrote, even to neighbors!

I have to smile when we have company, my beloved and I notice that we miss each other. While we were still together, there just wasn't the same close connection. Interesting!

Anyway, I understand and send hugs.

Cathryn said...

Aw Dallas, that is what I would categorize as a very melancholy moment. I'm sorry. I have three daughters. I live away from much of my extended family. My daughters are still at home or very close - for now. I'm sorry for the sadness it brings though for you. Blessings ~ Cathryn

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

It still amazes me that I only get to see my daughter once or twice a year now.

We communicate all the time through cell phones and e-mails (and each other's blogs) but the years we had at home together were way too short.

Tracy said...

Aww... I hope you can find some peace knowing that she is in God's hands no matter which side of the country she is on!

Patty said...

I am sure you will miss her. We are always their Mom with a Mom's heart, no matter how old they get.

I pray you'll be comforted today with sweet memories that encourage you.

Blessings, Patty

the voice of melody said...

Glad you were able to spend a couple of weeks with her. I'm sure it has to be so difficult to be that far away from her. Hopefully, you'll be together again before you know it! {hugs}

Abounding Treasures said...

Polly,

That is so true!

***

Michele,

Thanks so much :o)

***

Caryn,

I know just what you mean because my husband and I have experienced the same thing :o)

I am very happy about email and phones, etc. so we don't have to wait ages to hear news of our loved ones these days!

***

Cathryn,

It was a melancholy moment of the 1st degree but the intensity of it only lasted until I was halfway home from the airport and then I commended her to the Lord and carried on :o)

You are blessed to still have your daughters either at home or very close. My oldest son lives on the other side of the country as well with my 2 grandsons :o(
So does the rest of my family!

***

Brenda,

I understand just what you mean ~ the years at home are far too short :o)

***

Amen Tracy!

That is what gives me comfort and peace in the entire situation and weighing up *everything*, I know that where she is, IS the very best place for her now!

***

Patty,

"Always their Mom with a Mom's heart no matter how old they are! That is so very true!!

***

Melody,

It is difficult but as I said above, I know that where she is now is the very best place for her *at this time* and it is exciting to see how the Lord is working in her life :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you dear ladies for your understanding and sweet thoughts on this,
Dallas

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas ~

Hugs to you! I'm glad you could enjoy these 2 weeks and make some more treasured moments. What a blessing to know that the Lord is watching over our children.

Thinking of you,
Sharon

Abounding Treasures said...

Sharon,

That is so true and it's what gives me ultimate peace about where they are!

Blessings to you!

sherry said...

Bless you as this path is walked. Sweet encouragement has already been offered in such tender and wise ways. I offer up continued prayer in this situation. <><

Bess Streeter Aldrich is my favorite author. She wrote "A Lantern in Her Hand" among other titles, all wonderful. The reason I bring that up is because she knew something of what you speak and the title I mentioned came to mind in your situation.

Abounding Treasures said...

Jane,

Thanks for the words of encouragement and I will most certainly check for this title by Bess Streeter Aldrich ~ I've never read any of her books before so thanks for that :o)

Blessings,
Dallas