Monday, January 12, 2009

Biopsy Time Again

The medical staff at the Cardiac Transplant Clinic are still trying to get meds *just right* so early tomorrow morning I have another biopsy to see if the lowered dose of prednisone that I've been on for 6 weeks is still working.

I don't want to jump ahead of myself, but if test results show that the 7.5mg dose has been effective, the dose would be decreased again to my former 5mg daily which was what I had been on for a couple of years.

After the biopsy procedure and the 1.5 hours that I have to spend laying flat on my back because they are going through the groin, I'll head up to the Clinic to touch base with the nurse and cardiologist and once that's finished, my husband and I will head home.

Considering that I was diagnosed with the rejection episode at the end of this past summer, I am now aware of just how long it takes for the medications which have to be increased tremendously to counter the rejection, must be then tapered *So Very S-l-o-w-l-y* ...

IF the Lord brings this across your mind between now and then, I would appreciate any prayer offered on my behalf, that He would prepare me to accept whatever news the results bring.

Blessings,

24 comments:

susansspace said...

That biopsy doesn't sound very pleasant! I will be praying for you tomorrow while we are on the road to Florida.
God bless,
Susan

Adrienne said...

Dear friend, I am praying for you as you go through this procedure. I pray that you will sense the arms of the Father holding you close and giving you peace. I'll be back soon to hear how things go for you tomorrow. ~Adrienne~

Mrs. E said...

Mrs. D,
I will be lifting you up before our Heavenly Father's throne in the next few days!
May you be comforted by this scripture & quote-

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." -Isaiah 40:31

It is a glorious thing to know that your Father God makes no mistakes in directing or permitting that which crosses the path of your life. It is the glory of God to conceal a matter. It is our glory to trust Him, no matter what. -Joni Eareckson Tada

Love and Prayers,
Miss Jen

Susan B said...

Dear Dallas,
I'm praying for you as you go through your biopsy. I pray that the biospy will go smoothly, and the test results will show the need to decrease your dose of prednisone. Please take care, and have a safe trip. God bless.

~~Deby said...

praying for you as you go through this.....I know things like this can be *rough*....
I try to find a scripture that I keep reciting in my mind (MRI's and such).....
Let us know,
Deby

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Dear Dallas, I have prayed and will continue to pray for you about this procedure.

I just discovered the playlist at the bottom of your page. I have listened through the first two songs and plan to come back and listen to all of them. How precious and full of reminders of God's presence in our walk through this life.

Anonymous said...

I'll be in prayer for you. I'm glad it is an "out-patient" procedure, though. To me anyway, that makes it feel less ominous. :)

Anonymous said...

Dallas,
I am praying God's peace and comfort over you. I pray He will stop any rejection and that your body will receive the lower medication without any hesitation.
That the procedure will cause you no discomfort. I pray the Lord speak to you while this takes place. I pray God's wonderful presence to fill the room and your home when you return to it.
I pray for your husband and family that God's peace be in their hearts.
Blessings to you,
Miriam :)

Cathryn said...

Aw Dallas. I'm praying for you. You are in the palm of his hand. And you know that. I will be watching for an update. Blessings ~ Cathryn.

TO BECOME said...

Dear Dallas, I will most certainly keep you in my prayers and my thoughts. God keep you, my friend. connie

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Praying!

Deborah said...

praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I will certainly be keeping you in my prayers and thoughts tomorrow!

HOPE said...

My prayer also Dallas..that the perfect peace of God will be with you as you seek to rest in his perfect will. He knows...he loves you and he will use this time for purpose.

Know that you are sincerely being prayed for at this time..
HOPE

Anonymous said...

Just prayed and will as the Lord brings you to mind. (o:

Cathy said...

I will be praying for you, Dallas, that God will give you His perfect peace, and that the results will be good.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you can be assured that I am praying for you. God give you peace during this stressful time. Your sister in Christ,
Bren

Lois Christensen said...

I am praying for you that all will work out for His glory and that you will be a vessel for Him.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas ~

You are in my prayers!!

Blessings to you,
Sharon

NanaNor's said...

Dear Dallas, Please know you'll be in my prayers-medications can be so tricky but what's most important is your health.
Blessings and hugs.
Noreen

Mimi said...

I am holding you up in prayer as you go through this biopsy...
Be Encouraged,
Mimi

Dee said...

Hi Dallas, Thank you for coming to my blog and leaving me a comment.I am sorry i was unable to respond sooner. I feel the Lord led me to your blog. God sends blessings in just the right way.:) I am praying your biopsy has gone well.I will be back to visit.I put myself on as a follower. God Bless. Dee

Polly & Steve said...

Dallas, I am in awe of our God, He is so good to us. I will continue praying for you and for the many blessings we receive every day. Your story is a miracle and has really touched my heart.
Love and Hugs
Polly and Steve

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks from my heart to each of you dear ladies that have prayed and left words of encouragement!

I read each of these AFTER returning home from my biopsy and let me assure you, that each one filled my heart with joy that our precious Lord Jesus Christ led each of you to take time from your own busy lives to let me know that you were thinking of me!

Blessings to each of you!!
Dallas