"Poor Mama. That night, December 23, 1919 Grace was born and 9 days later the winds from the cold Atlantic mourned across the snow-covered graveyard where three lonely figures stood beside a tiny coffin ... [her little 2 year old daughter Bernice had just died of diptheria] . . ."Mama's young face had quiet peace, for she had dealt with her grief at the throne of grace. God's promises would never fail! She had looked unto the hills and found, in God, a very present help in her time of trouble.
Some travel the high road in the hills, from peak to peak, where light lingers linger. Some travel in the valleys where they walk in the darkness of their own shadow. Mama would choose to walk the high road with God. She would walk in the light of His grace."
~ from *FIRST WE HAVE COFFEE* by Margaret T Jensen, a book that I found at a local thrift store a few months ago.
Just in the past few days, 3 visitors have told me that it is a wonderful story and yesterday afternoon I began to read ... I was hooked before the end of the 1st chapter, which is a very good sign :o)
. . . so this is the 1st of what will likely be several quotes from this warm and inspiring story.
Blessings,
7 comments:
I read First We Have Coffee a few years ago. You'll enjoy it!
I have read this book and I loved it. connie
I have read this book and I loved it. connie
I too love this book that my dear sweet blogging friend Deby..from Apples of Gold sent me. What a treasure!
Hope
Lizzy, Connie + Hope,
It is a wonderful story! I had a chance to read several more chapters the other day ...
Blessings,
Dallas
I loved the second quote (which I saw first) and googled the title right away - lol. :o) It certainly has great reviews!
Jodi,
I checked online too once I began the book and noted that the author has several other books that she's written so I ordered one through my local library :o)
Blessings to you and your family,
Dallas
Post a Comment