
"He sends forth his commandment upon earth:
His word runs very swiftly" (Psalm 147:15)
No language ever stirs the deeps of my nature like the Word of God, and none produces such a profound calm within my spirit.
As no other voice can,
It is altogether the reverse with the Word of the King of Kings;
it rules me more sovereignly, more practically, more habitually, more completely every day.
Its power is for all seasons . . .
~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon ~
His word runs very swiftly" (Psalm 147:15)
No language ever stirs the deeps of my nature like the Word of God, and none produces such a profound calm within my spirit.
As no other voice can,
- it melts me to tears,
- it humbles me in the dust,
- it fires me with enthusiasm,
- it fills me with pleasure,
- it elevates me to holiness.
- It sweetens my memory,
- it brightens my hope,
- it stimulates my imagination,
- it directs my judgment,
- it commands my will, and
- it cheers my heart.
It is altogether the reverse with the Word of the King of Kings;
it rules me more sovereignly, more practically, more habitually, more completely every day.
Its power is for all seasons . . .
- for sickness and for health,
- for solitude and for company,
- for personal emergencies and for public assemblies.
~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon ~
12 comments:
Amen, Dallas! I would rather have God's to strengthen, encourage, worship,but most of read about God's great love!
Miriam :)
p.s.-- So glad to hear you had no broken bones. I have fallen before and it hurts much more now that I am older. I am happy to hear about the meds reduction.
I love the writings of Spurgeon; He is so poetic!
That is powerful!
It is convicting to me - do I feel that passionate about the Word? I have to confess I don't. But I am learning to.
Thanks.
AMEN....a very hearty AMEN !!!!
Deby
Amen and Amen!!!
Miriam,
So would I :o)
I was so thankful that no bones were broken and as you said, my decrepitness [sp?] likely is dependant on my age and my being out of shape :o)
***
Deborah,
That he is!
***
Mrs Rabe,
It's very convicting to me as well because I don't feel the passion for God's Word as I'd like to and it's a continuing lesson for me ...
***
Deby + Caryn,
AMEN! And again I say AMEN :o)
Wonderful, Dallas, I love Spurgeon so much. Thanks for sharing that.
It's so difficult to say how you feel but Spurgeon puts it so beautifully anmd so true
Thank you for sharing <3
Liesel
What a terrific reminder of the power of God's Word.
Hope you feel better real soon! {hugs}
Just visiting your page Dallas. I love your blog and would like to keep up with it. I love meeting new Sister's in Christ.
Bless you!
Beth
Oh, this was beautiful...
doesn't C.H. Spurgeon have an eloquence to his writing?! I'm so grateful for his ministry to the Christian saints then and now for proclaiming the truth of God's Word... to fix their eyes upon Jesus!! Thank you for sharing this rich quote, it almost broght tears to my eyes.
Blessed Sabath day to you, Mrs D.
Love in Christ,
Miss Jen
Cathy,
You're welcome :o)
***
Liesel,
I often wish I could express how I feel as well as he does!
***
Melody,
That it is!
Thanks! The swelling has gone down but it's the pain in ALL my leg muscles that is causing the problem right now :o(
***
Welcome Beth!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your adoption story last evening ~ how precious life is!
***
Miss Jen,
Spurgeon definitely has an eloquence in his language and writings ... he wasn't afraid to *say it like it is in the Word of God* and that's helpful and needed in every generation!
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Post a Comment