Monday, December 1, 2008

Worry then Relief

Way across the country, our daughter and 2 of her girlfriends decided to go on a road trip Friday so they could attend a Christian conference 1 day's drive away.

On the way home early this morning, they came upon some poor road conditions and had an accident. At the time, I knew nothing more.

You can just imagine how I felt when she phoned at supper to tell me this and then told me her cell phone was dying out ... that she would call when she got home!

It dawned on me that I had no idea where she was calling from ~ was she still in the other city or was she on lunch break from work? How serious was the accident? I was getting more worried as I realized that I may have to wait a very long time to find anything out!

A couple of hours later, she phoned again and spoke to her Dad. She explained that she had hit a tree and that her rear passenger door was dented so that it wouldn't close and the interior light wouldn't go off. She mentioned how the Lord was overall because no one was hurt and even though they were in *the middle of nowhere*, one of those trucks that offers roadside assistance to those who pay for it came upon them and asked if they needed help.

She hadn't called them but the drivers said they would help her anyway!! Praise the Lord for taking care of them!

I was very relieved but will be even more relieved when I receive a phone call later letting me know that she is safe and sound in her own little apartment :o)

Blessings,

11 comments:

Charlene said...

It doesn't matter how old they are or grown up they think they are... they are always our "little ones". Glad she is safe & sound. AND I LOVE YOUR BANNER! I need to change my fall banner to something more Christmas like. Have a blessed day.

Cathryn said...

Bless your heart Dallas. I tell you what I believe the worry that we can feel when they are grown is far worse than all the worries we had for them when they were growing up. What a blessing your daughter was not hurt ~ that God sent the road side assistance (that was very cool) ~ and that she wasn't hurt. Praise the Lord. Lord Bless You Dallas, Cathryn

HOPE said...

Praise the LORD for watching over your daughter...how timely for the help to come at such a needed moment! I love testimonies like this!

Cathy said...

Goodness, I can understand how you must have been very scared. Thank God for His protection, and He could have even sent an angel to help them!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

My son had an accident on his way to his college classes yesterday. He was stopped at a light and was rear ended by a car going too fast for conditions.

He is fine, our car is pretty good, the other guys car is not in great condition and he was arrested for some kind of felony!

I am so glad your daughter is fine. Doesn't it make you appreciate the angels that guard over them?

Anonymous said...

I'm *very glad* all turned out well! (o:

Anonymous said...

Oh,Dallas, how scarey for you and your daughter. Thank the Lord that He was watching over them!
How is she now?
(((HUGS)))
Miriam

Abounding Treasures said...

Charlene,

You are so right! I have to keep reminding myself to listen MORE and talk LESS in regards to my *little ones* :o)

Thanks for your comments regarding my new banner!

***

Cathryn,

So true and something I've got to learn to leave more in the Lord's hands rather than trying to always *stick my oars in*!

It was amazing that she wasn't hurt and so humbling that the Lord sent roadside assistance *just when it was needed* ~ but isn't that always how He sends His assistance and care? :o)

***

Hope,

Amen! In my own experience, the Lord always sends his assistance and care *just when it's needed most* :o)

***

Cathy,

It was the not knowing that was the worst because my mind was imagining all sorts of things!

He sent His care just at the right time :o)

***

Brenda,

Glad that your son is alright! My daughter and some friends had an accident just like his several months ago while they sat at a stoplight waiting for the light to turn green :o(

God's grace and care always shines at just the right moment!

***

Michele,

Thanks and so am I :o)

***

Miriam,

I have thanked the Lord for His watchfulness and care ... may this remind me to leave all in His capable hands and not try to do anything on my own!

She is doing just fine now and was back at work this morning ~ it was a good thing that she had taken off yesterday as a holiday from work :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you dear ones for taking the time to share your hearts with me,
~ Dallas

Susan B said...

Dallas,
I'm so thankful that your daughter wasn't hurt, and that she was helped by roadside assistance. And is home safe and sound! God does watch over our children. I know how easy it is to worry, even when they are grown. Glad things turned out alright!

Sharon said...

Thank the Lord no one was hurt and that God sent help to them!

Abounding Treasures said...

Susan,

Amen to all that you said! It seems that even though I'm clear across the country, I still worry ... I need to pray more and leave it all in the Lord's hands :o)

***

Sharon,

I am so thankful that no one was hurt ~ it was just like the Lord to have help come across their path *just when needed* even out in the middle of nowhere :o)

~*~

Blessings,
Dallas