Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Winter -- A Lingering Season

"WINTER MEMORIES" © Alan Sakhavarz

"Winter, a lingering season,
is a time to gather golden moments,
embark upon a sentimental journey,
and enjoy every idle hour."

~ John Boswell ~

8 comments:

~~Deby said...

Beautiful Dallas..I love your new look.
Deby

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks WONDERFUL! Very peaceful and cosy. (o:

HOPE said...

Wow...you won't believe how this spoke to me! Since being an "empty nester" it has been a tough road. Through the last few years..I've concidered this time my Winter Season of life ...and I have done as this says...reflected on Golden Moments, of God's grace and care for me...thought upon my children and our life together growing up...and now enjoying the idle moments of the quiet ...spending this lingering Winter Season with my LORD.

Thanks for a warming thought.

God bless..
HOPE

Abounding Treasures said...

Deby,

Thanks :o)

***

Michele,

How nice of you to say so :o)

***

Hope,

What a beautiful picture you've painted ~ one that I can enjoy too being *almost* in the Winter Season of life [my middle son still lives at home so I'm not quite there].

Golden Moments, God's grace and care for me, our children, my husband and I, our 2 grandsons ...
thanks for warming my heart with your thoughts and mediations :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

Susan B said...

Dallas, your new look is so beautiful! That's a very nice quote.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

What a beautiful reminder!

HOPE said...

I'm so glad my comment touched you Dallas. I suppose I will be doing some writings about this "Winter Season"...so much to glean as I have thought about this time in my life...daily! God is so faithful. I hope I can help you in your time of need when winter comes.

You know where to find me! ;)

Abounding Treasures said...

Susan,

Thanks! I have no idea who the author is, but I loved the quote as soon as I read it :o)

***

Mrs Fink,

It was for me, too! Thanks for *popping in* and for taking the time to leave me a comment ~ I love having new visitors :o)

***

Hope,

I look forward to your writings about this Winter Season in all its analogies ...

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas