until it has given up all dependence
on everything else
and has been forced to depend on the Lord alone.
As long as our expectation is from other things,
nothing but disappointment awaits us.
Feelings may change,
and will change with our changing circumstances;
doctrines and dogmas may be upset;
Christian work may come to naught;
prayers may seem to lose their fervency;
promises may seem to fail;
Everything that we have believed in or depended upon
may seem to be swept away,
and only God is left,
just God, the bare God,
if I may be allowed the expression;
simply and only God.
~ Hannah Whitall Smith ~
As I walk this scene of time
on my way Heavenward and Homeward,
may I trust in Him alone!

on everything else
and has been forced to depend on the Lord alone.
As long as our expectation is from other things,
nothing but disappointment awaits us.
Feelings may change,
and will change with our changing circumstances;
doctrines and dogmas may be upset;
Christian work may come to naught;
prayers may seem to lose their fervency;
promises may seem to fail;
Everything that we have believed in or depended upon
may seem to be swept away,
and only God is left,
just God, the bare God,
if I may be allowed the expression;
simply and only God.
~ Hannah Whitall Smith ~
As I walk this scene of time
on my way Heavenward and Homeward,
may I trust in Him alone!


13 comments:
Dearest Dallas, The quotes you use are always so incredibly touching and moving and I thank you for the life you encourage in all of us.
Blessings to you this week.
Noreen
Amen!
Thank you kindly for your sweet comments Noreen :o)
***
Michele,
You too!
~*~*~
I try to post quotes that have touched my own heart in hopes that others may be affected in a similar way :o)
Blessings to each of you, dear Sisters in Christ ~
Dallas
Dear Dallas, God is all that we need. He is my all, my everything.
Great post. connie
This quote is so beautiful. Thank you. Have a wonderful Sunday!
Dallas, that was such a lovely reminder! :)
I am rejoicing with you that your daughter gets to come home for some time with you! May it be a memory to cherish!
Miriam :)
Connie,
AMEN! :o)
***
Susan,
It touched my heart when I first read it too :o)
~*~
Blessings to both of you,
Dallas
A lovely post, Dallas ~
Miriam,
Her time home will be special in every way and memories will linger in our hearts long after the holiday is over!
Miram + Cathy,
I'm glad both of you enjoyed this quote ...
Blessings,
Dallas
Good Evening Dallas,
I appreciate the quotes you have posted. In particular the part about getting down to God ~ the bare God. Yes. Very good post. Lord bless, Cathy in Kentucky
Hey Dallas, Is your blog not "followable?" ... Cathy in Kentucky
so good Dallas...your quotes and poem always touch a chord in my heart.
Deby
Cathy in Kentucky,
Welcome!
This quote really touched my heart when I first read it!
YES, my blog is *followable* and I see the little symbol with your photo when I go to my *dashboard* ~ I just haven't added that gadget to my blog page :o)
***
Deby,
Thanks ... I only post the ones that touch a chord in my heart :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Post a Comment