Monday, October 27, 2008

You Have Touched My Heart - The Alabaster Box

In browsing some of my favourite blogs, I came across a post that I just have to share called *WHEN THE TEARS STOP*.

Kaysie of *The Alabaster Box* describes herself as: "Sinner. Saved. Disciple. Writer. Thinker. Reader. Seeker. Listener. Passionate. Creative. Joyful. Weak. Imperfect. Simple."

Here's the opening paragraph:

"Life can have a hardening effect on me at times.
Things that once moved my heart or even created a tear

become callous expected moments that I can thoughtlessly handle.
No surprises. No weakness. No problems. Call me capable.

While on the outside I may appear to handle life gracefully,
inside my heart grows dead,
breaking into infertile pieces of dry crust.
And the Spirit struggles to penetrate."

From reading her blog on many occasions, I can tell you that she is a young woman with a heart for God and He has blessed her with an amazing talent for writing and she shares what she is learning from Him in her daily experience on her blog.

Go on over and read the rest of this challenging and encouraging post for yourself and I'm sure you'll be as blessed as I was :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! Thank you! This was just sweet of you... I am humbled that your heart was blessed by this post. Praise the Lord.

This means so much... :)

Abounding Treasures said...

Kaysie,

Thanks for stopping by and I just wanted to bring your wonderful blog to the attention of my readers ... just in case they hadn't read any of it yet ~ ~ the Lord has given you a lot to share :o)

Blessings,
Dallas