It's amazing how quickly time flies ~ it's already time for my next biopsy, tomorrow morning!I thought today was going to be a bit more *laid back* than my usual Mondays with just laundry and purchasing a few needed grocery items, but it turned out differently than I expected.
A friend of mine went in early this morning for day surgery and once she gets home, isn't supposed to lift anything heavy for about 6 weeks.
I clearly remember how it felt to return home from the hospital and have a meal already prepared for my family . . .
Well, I had some leftover homemade spaghetti sauce in the fridge so whipped up a casserole for a supper meal for her family. I included a half dozen dinner rolls from the freezer as well as some ready-for-the-pot broccoli and cauliflower which should round off the meal just fine.
I got some of the tiny cakes I had put in the freezer weeks ago and since they turned out kind of flat, I iced 3 and decided they'd be better renamed giant cupcakes :o)
I had 2 ripening bananas sitting on the counter so whipped up a batch of experimental banana-based muffins, adding a few handfuls of chopped walnuts, flaked coconut, white chocolate chips and a couple of spoonfuls of raspberry-blackberry jam and french vanilla yogurt to make up for the fact that I was missing the needed 3rd banana!
My son had 1 with his coffee this afternoon and said they were delicious -- which was good, because I had already dropped everything off to my friend's house :o)
I'll be going to the city tonight to stay at the small hotel that the hospital uses for out-of-town patients who have appointments very early the following morning early.
Once the biopsy is complete, I'll have to lay flat for 1.5 hours because they are planning to go through the groin rather than my neck and there's more chance of bleeding afterwards.
Once I get the OK, I'll head over to the Heart Transplant Clinic for my check-up by the nurse and the cardiologist.
I usually get the biopsy results the following day, and needless to say, I'm hoping they show that things are under control once again in the *lack of rejection* department and that I'll be able to decrease my dose of prednisone once again. The side effects are just not pleasant . . . although I am very thankful that they do work so very well.
But, only time will tell.

BANANA MUFFIN base recipe
2 large or 3 small bananas + 1 c. sugar, mashed together well.
1 egg
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
1/2 c. oil
Mix all together well.
Bake @ 350 degree oven until done
[about 20-30 minutes depending on size of muffin cups]
~ VARIATIONS ~
You can add about 1/4 cup of anything that strikes your fancy!
I usually add:
2 large or 3 small bananas + 1 c. sugar, mashed together well.
1 egg
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
1/2 c. oil
Mix all together well.
Bake @ 350 degree oven until done
[about 20-30 minutes depending on size of muffin cups]
~ VARIATIONS ~
You can add about 1/4 cup of anything that strikes your fancy!
I usually add:
- walnut pieces
- flaked coconut
- white or milk, chocolate chips

7 comments:
Dear Dallas ~
What a blessing you are ~ I'm sure the meal you took to will be so appreciated! That was so sweet of you!
May the Lord guard your heart and mind tomorrow and give you peace! Praying all goes well with the biopsy.
Blessings,
Sharon
What a great friend you are. My prayers that your biopsy goes just fine and you are back home very soon with good reports. Take care my friend and will look forward to hearing from you. connie from Texas
Sharon,
Thanks so much for your kind words and your prayers for my biopsy tomorrow.
***
Connie,
Thanks for your prayers as well and your care & concern :o)
~*~*~
May you know that your care, concern and prayers are very much appreciated :o)
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Dallas,
I'll be praying for you that your heart biopsy will go well. And the results will come back fine. Have a safe trip.
The meal you made for your friend sounds wonderful. I'm sure it was very much appreciated.
What a good friend you are!
I pray all goes well with you tomorrow. (o:
How wonderful of you to do this kind deed as you are about to undergo a procedure yourself.
Praying all went well and looking forward to hearing you are fine. Yes, the side effects of the Prednisone is not nice.
Bless your heart, you put me to shame, doing all that the day before a heart biopsy! You are a wonderful friend. I am praying all goes well tomorrow and that you will get a good report.
Post a Comment