Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Homekeeping Benefits

"Seen from the outside, housework can look like a *sisyphean task that gives you no sense of reward or completion.

Yet housekeeping actually offers more opportunities for savoring achievement that almost any other work I can think of.

Each of its regular routines brings satisfaction when its completed. These routines echo the rhythm of life and the housekeeping rhythm is the rhythm of the body.

You get satisfaction not only from the sense of order, cleanliness, freshness, peace and plenty restored,
but from the knowledge that you yourself and those you care about, are going to enjoy these benefits."

~ Cheryl Mendelson: HOME COMFORTS ~




[*sisyphean ~ Definition = tireless or unending]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas,

Your blog looks so pretty for fall!!

Homemaking tasks are so rewarding!!

I hope you are enjoying a lovely day!

Blessings,

Sharon

Anonymous said...

A lovely quote!

Isn't Home Comforts a great book? (o:

Abounding Treasures said...

Sharon,

Thanks, as I mentioned in another comment, I'm not fond of *change* in real life but seem to enjoy redecorating my blog :o)

* * *

Michele,

I've enjoyed many of the quotes and have copied them down but it's not a book that I would go out to buy :o)

Blessings to both of you this hot, sunny day!
Dallas

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas,

It is satisfying to see the job done - so yes, I do get instant gratification...

blessings,

mari

Abounding Treasures said...

Liberty Belle,

It's so nice to see you again :o)

* * *

Mari,

I know exactly what you mean :o)

Blessings to you both,
Dallas

Joyfulsister said...

What a beautiful Fall welcome!! I really love it!! and it gets me inspired and excited. Although we don't have the fall seasons here in Hawaii, I try to decorate and get into the spirit of fall. It brings on changes that reminds me that life goes on despite all that happens around us.

Happy Fall... Lorie

Abounding Treasures said...

Lorie,

Thanks for *popping in* and Autumn Blessings to you too :o)

It must be difficult having no fall or winter and being able to enjoy summer all year round!

We're experiencing lovely summery weather with perfect breezes now that it's September and it's my favourite time of year :o)

Have a wonderful day!
Dallas