Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In Thy Hands


It comforts me, O blessed Lord, recalling
Thy gracious words: "My times are in thy hand!"
So often they have steadied me from falling,
So often in my journeying down the land
When briars clung and tough stones bruised my feet
I have found those dear words comforting and sweet.

"My times are in thy hand!"
Help me remember
That nothing can separate me from my Lord;
It warms me like the glowing of an ember;
It strengthens me . . . I say it word by word,
Then face my day with courage and with hope
Enable thus to climb earth's steepest slope.

"My times are in thy hand!" Why should I fear
Or falter with thy presence, Lord, so near?


~ Grace Nowell Crowell - *Songs of Triumph*

As I read this poem the other evening, I thought of many people I know that are going through trials and difficulties at this moment and I wanted to share it with all of you.

For me, it's a gentle yet powerful reminder that because there was a time in my life when I trusted the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour, He has promised to be with me in every storm.

If He doesn't calm the storm, He will calm us, so that we are resting in Him.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! Thank you for sharing it with us all.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Dallas,

Yes, He is in the storm with us! He is ever-present.

I know what you say, we are hurting quite a bit right now...but it will not be forever. And when this is over, how victorious we will be that we survived it all :-)

blessings dear friend,

mari

Abounding Treasures said...

Debbie,

You're welcome :o)

* * *

Dear Mari,

Oh how it settles my heart that He is ever-present and stills either my heart or the waves ... may my eyes be focused on Him alone!

~*~*~

Blessings to each of you this day,
Dallas

Anonymous said...

Amen! What a comfort that is! Thank you so much for sharing this today!

Blessings,

Sharon

~~Deby said...

I think that IF I didn't believe this, I am not sure where I would be ......I feel like times it is easy to lose sight of this..thank you.
Deby

Abounding Treasures said...

Sharon,

I'm so glad it comforted you today!

* * *

Deby,

I know just what you mean and sometimes get my eyes focused on what's happening around me and NOT on Him! I posted it for *me* as well as others who are going through difficult times :o)

~*~

Blessings to you both,
Dallas

Kelli said...

"If He doesn't calm the storm, He will calm us, so that we are resting in Him".

I love this thought - yes, it is true. We are not always preserved from trial but Dear Jesus bestows peace amid the storm. Thank you for sharing these comforting and encouraging thoughts.
~Kalianne

Cathy said...

That is wonderful, Dallas. I'm glad you are resting in Him. I was thinking of you today, because I know taking that prednisone was stressful for me. Praying for you ~

Abounding Treasures said...

Kalianne,

You are so welcome :o)

I hope that you are feeling a little better ... I read your comment on Mari's blog and have been thinking of you!

* * *

Debbie,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

I'm always on a low dose of prednisone but this *prednisone pulse* of super high doses tapering down has been more stressful than I thought it would be.

If the doctors ask for my input, I'm planning on being firm about it NOT being my medication of choice to increase next week!

~*~

Blessings to you both,
Dallas

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas, I love your poems, there are so deep, and refreshing. I loved your commentary was spot on.

Blessings,
Barbra

Abounding Treasures said...

Barbra,

I *try* to share poems that have touched my heart and blessed me immensely.

Blessings,
Dallas