I'll never forget the days of my youth.
When the waves rippled between my toes,
taking the pink and silver grains of sand
back out to the depths of the sea.
There was a peace then;
an indescribable feeling of immortality
in the ebb and flow of the tide,
and the seemingly endless stretch of beach and sky.
Now as I gaze out upon those same sparkling waters,
I realize that youth is never left behind,
but is carried always, gently, in the heart."
A Moment in Time by Susan Rios
~ Hetty King from her novel *My Home is the Island*
on The ROAD TO AVONLEA episode 'Memento Mori'
When the waves rippled between my toes,
taking the pink and silver grains of sand
back out to the depths of the sea.
There was a peace then;
an indescribable feeling of immortality
in the ebb and flow of the tide,
and the seemingly endless stretch of beach and sky.
Now as I gaze out upon those same sparkling waters,
I realize that youth is never left behind,
but is carried always, gently, in the heart."
A Moment in Time by Susan Rios~ Hetty King from her novel *My Home is the Island*
on The ROAD TO AVONLEA episode 'Memento Mori'



10 comments:
Dear Dallas,
Every little gift, every blessing comes from our Heavenly Father.
I am glad you have such great memories from your youth. Mine were also quite good considering I did not know the Creator, but only a man-made religion.
But I do remember the freedom I had as a child to truly enjoy the day with a fervor that I am trying to capture again today.
May today be filled with blessings dear friend.
mari
What a lovely post! I hope you are having a great week.
~Kelli
P.s. Thank you for your sweet comment on my giveaway post!
Mari,
I didn't know anything of the wondrous gospel message in my youth either, but I also enjoyed freedom to enjoy every day and every moment the Lord was kind enough to grant me, although I was as far from Him as I could be.
* * *
Kelli,
Thanks! I've been having a wonderful week and wish the same for you :o)
May each of you have a great weekend, in the ways that the Lord grants!
Blessings,
Dallas
A beautiful post!
Your blog is an inspiration!☺
Tammy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to say *hello* and for your encouraging words :o)
If we all would just slow down and enjoy each moment of each day we are blessed with!
Thank you for this wonderful post. :)
Thanks Sharon!
I couldn't agree more and wish you a wonderful day!
Life is so fleeting..each year flying by faster than the other....
I need to work on redeeming the time better...
~Deby
Dear Dallas,
I am so thankful for treasured memories of days gone by too! And I'm glad I'm learning to savor each moment. It is such a blessing! I'm hoping to make more treasured memories with loved ones this weekend!
I hope your weekend is filled with special blessings from His hand,
Sharon
Deby,
I notice time *flying by* as I get older and redeeming the time better is something I'm still learning :o)
* * *
Sharon,
Have a wonderful weekend creating more treasured memories with loved ones :o)
~ * ~
Blessings to you both,
Dallas
Post a Comment